Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone running their 05 zx10 w/ no muffler? i.e. straight ehaust? or modified rear pipe?

what is the consensus of removing the exhaust butterfly flap?

and lastly anyone know of a decent rear seat cowl other than the kawi one? i dont like the pop up look of it so much.??

thanks in advance,

jeff

·
Registered
11 Posts
Im not to sure about the full removal but mine has got the full akropovic system without the butterfly and it seems to go great, although saying that I dont know what it went like before as I bought it like that, sorry I couldnt be more help

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have just fitted a full race Micron system to mine with Ultralight can. Sounds very loud and perhaps less go below about 4k. After that it just flies even faster than it did before. The very slight boggyness below 4k might be a fine tune on the PC111 type thing.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have just fitted a full race Micron system to mine. Has slight hesitation below 4k but that might be a re-tune on the PC111 type thing. Above 4k it goes even faster than it did before. Very noisy though!!!!

·
Registered
116 Posts
http://w2.bikepics.com/pics/2007/04/11/bikepics-860702-full.jpg

I have just fitted a full race Micron system to mine. Has slight hesitation below 4k but that might be a re-tune on the PC111 type thing. Above 4k it goes even faster than it did before. Very noisy though!!!!
Its the result you should expected:

http://www.bikepics.com/pictures/860702/

·
Registered
88 Posts
The whole system is made by Micron. Nothing is custom made. The headers join to a pair of pipes which house the exhaust sensors. No FI light flashing on the clocks. The pair of pipes connect to a single Y piece that connects to the can. All loose fit with springs to hold it together. The cables to the exhaust valve are tucked up out of the way. I have a power commander fitted with a map downloaded from Dynojet. I am thinking about fitting a BMC full race air filter and having the whole lot set up on a rolling road.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts