Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Headed for Austin tomorrow morning by way of Arkansas. Immediately following the big race on Sunday, we will be riding over to the Hill Country for three days of triple-digit sightseeing. Anyone else attending the Race?

·
Premium Member
13,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Headed for C. Arkansas today, Austin tomorrow, Hill Country after the races. 10 days, 3000+ miles. The Hill Country qualifies as my 2017 "ride someplace new each year" bucket list cross-off.

·
Premium Member
13,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll be there.

Sent from my SGP561 using Tapatalk

Saw that too late to try to meet up. Great racing, great weather, although it was a bit gray and blustery on Saturday.

Marquez proved once again he's the King of COTA. Pedrosa was fastest until his tires went away. Rossi put on another stellar performance to finish 2nd and take the championship points lead. Lorenzo is gaining speed and momentum as he learns to ride the GP17 Duc. The Vinales-Marquez showdown didn't happen as the Maverick fell early in the tricky, deceptive Turn 18/19 transition, more or less right in front of where we were sitting in 19.

Rode the Three Twisted Sisters loop yesterday. Fantastic roads here with nearly zero traffic during the week. Everything from high-speed straights to 15 mph (recommended) switchbacks and esses. 2 more days of fun before packing up and heading back north. Will take 2-3 days to get home (leaving here Thursday), depending on which routes we take.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts