Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
I am hoping that Corbin will have a softer option, I had a Corbin on my ZX12 and the shape was just awesome, it looked awesome, the foam was like sitting on a concrete block. My bony ass was in major pain after an hour. I sent it back twice to get softer foam and if was still hard as a rock and finally had to put the stock seat back on. I could at least last a couple of hours on the stocker.
I would love to have a seat that let me sit longer, the stocker is OK for about 4 hours then I am getting sore.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I've just sent mine away to CM Seats in the UK to have the pillion seat raised and flattened. The wife likes to sit higher and the shapoe of the seat caused her to sit too low and forward. I'll post pics when I get the set back hopefully later this week.

·
Registered
93 Posts
cm seats

Hi Garry, I would be interested in seeing a pic of the seat when you get it back as I find my seat comfortable but find the covring looks very poor.I originally saw the bike at the N.E.C. last year and if you find a pic of the one at the show the seat was different. Where the seat goes from grey to black the seat is finished off with piping and better material rather than the jelly mold aperance it has now. Incidently how much is it costing if you don't mind me asking ?

·
Registered
451 Posts
I agree, Here is a picture of the seat as showed at the NEC last November. It looks a lot better than the current version. With nice tight piping. Maybe this was the gel option. Hope the gel option coming out soon is a vast improvment on the existing standard setup.

·
Registered
93 Posts
gel version

I have a picture of the gel version in a Gtr 1400 accessory list from Kawasaki and it is not this one.The one I have a icture of is alot better again and all one colour. I reckon this one was just for the show or is it possible the bike at the show was'nt the UK version as it was'nt being produced for the UK then.

·
Registered
104 Posts
New seat

As per previous posts, my wife hated the pillion seat of the GTR. We come from years on sports bikes and she found the shape of the pillion seat caused her to sit low and too near the rider. So after searching the web and ringing round a decided to send the seat off for re-building and shaping. The results are below (my first picture posting success.....hopefully) Sorry about the poor pictures but these were taken in the garage with flash. I'll post further pictures at the weekend.
Initial feedback from the wife is very positive. She's slightly higher and has much more room to move around (forward and backwards). I've also had my part (the riders) of the seat lowered by an inch and had gel pads fitted for both rider and pillion.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Looks great garryg!
When you said you sent it off, where did you send it? With the driver part cut down an inch, are you flatfooted now?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Man Garry,

If that feels and rides as good as it looks.....

absolutlely gorgeous!!!

Those guys in the UK did a remarkable job!

Please dont tell me what you paid....I cant let my wife see these pics...

Jerry

·
Registered
52 Posts
Corbin seats...over priced,over weight and over rated! :evil

·
Registered
62 Posts
Sweet! Let us know, I'll be waiting to order one with the large oval backrest for the wifey.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I live 10 minutes from Hollister, CA, can't I just ride in and ride out with a custom fitted seat?

Yes, you can Ride-in to our factory to have a new seat installed.

Pricing has been determined: Front seat (un-heated) $259.00
Front Seat (heated) $459.00
Rear Seat (un-heated) $169.00
Rear Seat (heated) $369.00
Pm me if you have any Questions.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes, you can Ride-in to our factory to have a new seat installed.

Pricing has been determined: Front seat (un-heated) $259.00
Front Seat (heated) $459.00
Rear Seat (un-heated) $169.00
Rear Seat (heated) $369.00
Pm me if you have any Questions.
Can you explain this more? Are there going to be two seperate seats when switching to this?

1 - 20 of 67 Posts