Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting a new seat.Does anyone have or know of any that has either?
I have a Corbin thats been broken in on my GSX1100G and it's comfotable.
I never had a Sergeant.Just wondering about the difference.I want the full seat.Any help would be appreciated.
Craig

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
Unless you have any complaints with corbin, I would stick with what I know.

That being said, I have never seen any complaints from the SGT. either. Having only ever had a corbin under my ass (and not mine to boot), that would be my choice.

Any price difference?

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No their both $500.The only thing that concerns me with the Corbin is the hump that goes up by the tank.The place where you know what would slide into.
Craig

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
Is it padded? The 500 has a little bit that curves up into the tank and I really wish I had that sometimes on the 7 lol

Guess I would have to see a pic.

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
Don't know about the Corbin but I love my Sargent and I went with the storage pod also. The piece of foam that comes with the Sargent front seat only and fits on the stock rear cowling is crap, I went with the unpainted pod and pained it myself and it looks great. Aside from some cagers asking me if its a Busa, I love a small bit of storage for my hat, wheel lock etc...

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
Forgot about that pod... thats a great point there. Storage is king.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I called Corbin to ask if that front piece was padded.The girl there laughed and said oh yes,wouldn't want you to be hurt.
Craig

·
Registered
481 Posts
I have a Sargent on my 14 and a Corbin on my Concours 14, I'd say get the Sargent!

·
Registered
773 Posts
No their both $500.The only thing that concerns me with the Corbin is the hump that goes up by the tank.The place where you know what would slide into.
Craig
Thats why my $650 dollar Corbin was sold. I hated the thing. Pushed me back in an awkward position and I could no longer get near the tank.

You taller guys may be OK, but I am 5' 7" and have Heli-bars which I love, but that Corbin was a waste of $$.

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
My ZX-14 Sargent seat is far more comfortable and positions myself and my 2-up passengers far better than stock. The Sargent locks you in place comfortably and stops both riders from any shifting around. Nice butt-stop. It's also more comfortable than my Corbin on my Katana 1100.

Hey, check out my cool Rizoma brake and clutch reservoirs (a nice aesthetic upgrade).

Website: http://www.pjsparts.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=89

·
Registered
20 Posts
My buddies and I have all had Corbins. I have about 6 of them, some of which I loved, a few of which I hated. My one friend just got a bike with a Sargent and he said he'll never think about a Corbin again.
I'll be getting a Sargent for my 14 at some point.

·
Quinton Phuckin Tarantino
18,914 Posts
My ZX-14 Sargent seat is far more comfortable and positions myself and my 2-up passengers far better than stock. The Sargent locks you in place comfortably and stops both riders from any shifting around. Nice butt-stop. It's also more comfortable than my Corbin on my Katana 1100.

Hey, check out my cool Rizoma brake and clutch reservoirs (a nice aesthetic upgrade).

Website: http://www.pjsparts.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=89

Does the sargent seat fit the stock seat coweling ? It looks like a great seat and I do some 2up riding , how much more comfortable is it for your pillion?

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Does the sargent seat fit the stock seat coweling ? It looks like a great seat and I do some 2up riding , how much more comfortable is it for your pillion?
No to the cowling.

·
Quinton Phuckin Tarantino
18,914 Posts
No to the cowling.
Thanks mad , It's not that I am completely enamored by the cowling but It's ok. I still like to use it some times but whatever it is It's way better than the busa one .

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the comments.I like that Sergeant on your black bike since I have a black bike.I think the Sergeant it is.Maybe with the silver welt.I wouldn't think twice about it but my wife wants to ride and she wants a backrest.I have a Corbin and a backrest on my 92 G.Have to get off my butt and get it running then I wouldn't have this dillemma.
Craiga

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
No, it definitely does not.

On a different note, may I point out that I still have the stock tires, with 4500 miles and I ride2-Up 80% of the time. I am very aggressive, but any road that will allow me to wear chicken strips is at least 90 miles away from the Island.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts

my sargent from a distance. i have the solo tho.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts