Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I often hear about people who don't even bother to pull over for a cop b/c "theres NO WAY a cop car can keep up with a bike".:nana Anyone personally attempted or know of somebody who tried 2 ditch "The Man" ??:runaway

·
Registered
157 Posts
Yup, but I plead the FIFFFFFFFFFFF!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Yes....between being fast and having some strategic roads pre organized it can happen. But I would know nothing about it....... haha

·
Registered
23 Posts
hmmm, so far, there is a person I know of who has eluded them roughly three times, one time this person was going 90 in a 30 and due to traffic the officer was unable to catch the person. Granted the person had to shut his bike off and stay behind large shrubbery. The Second time there was twice in one night, because these people were speeding, cops tried to follow them, then they must have gotten on the radio because the next cop was just chilling on the side of the road and once he saw us...i mean these people... he flipped on the cherries...and they went through residentials...it is pretty easy. I would say dont attempt it on the freeway unless you can get off immediately. Because you may be able to outrun the cops, but goodluck with the radio!:rofl

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol, yall wild I feel ya... But wha happened?! Ok ok, you don't have 2 tell me YOUR story, just "re-tell" your "friend's" story....lol

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LOL! :rotflmao Sounds like "those people" are giving the cops a hard time :rant .
hmmm, so far, there is a person I know of who has eluded them roughly three times, one time this person was going 90 in a 30 and due to traffic the officer was unable to catch the person. Granted the person had to shut his bike off and stay behind large shrubbery. The Second time there was twice in one night, because these people were speeding, cops tried to follow them, then they must have gotten on the radio because the next cop was just chilling on the side of the road and once he saw us...i mean these people... he flipped on the cherries...and they went through residentials...it is pretty easy. I would say dont attempt it on the freeway unless you can get off immediately. Because you may be able to outrun the cops, but goodluck with the radio!:rofl

·
Registered
32 Posts
Ok so I'll be fighting out of the WUSS corner but I stopped immediately for a cop, 2 days after my ZX 11 purchase, And he let me off. Just so happens that a cop friend of mine says that in his city they don't F with bikes if they pull over right away. So I'm gonna stay in the wuss corner I guess! E.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Its much more satisfying when you fly past a cop going the other direction and he flips his blues on and you just keep trucking it down backroads while he has to find a place to turn around and try to catch you :).

·
Registered
157 Posts
Ok so I'll be fighting out of the WUSS corner but I stopped immediately for a cop, 2 days after my ZX 11 purchase, And he let me off. Just so happens that a cop friend of mine says that in his city they don't F with bikes if they pull over right away. So I'm gonna stay in the wuss corner I guess! E.
Same thing in Maryland, if you do pull over and your buddies keep going your just going to get a warning. BUT in Virginia, if they get you to pull over, anything over 81mph is reckless driving and a manditory court date! I pulled over for a cop that DID not clock me and DID not pace me (as he told the judge and my LAWYER) for 95 in a 65 and still got a reckless because he said he has the magical abilty to judge that I was going exactly 95mph. I told him that he would NEVER have the opprotunity to pull me over again!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yea, Jerks will be jerks eh? I've heard that in MN here if they get you over 100 they take your buggy on the spot. I'll have to ask Tommie about that one. 100 on a rocket, In a heartbeat and all day long easily.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I've ran and been caught, and ran and got away. I got lucky with the cop and he let me off with ONLY a $463 fine wich lead to me loosing my license for 3 months (had a couple other speeeding tickets). He could of easily taken my license for a year, impounded my bike, and put me in jail for a night if he wanted to (happened to a buddy of mine) the kicker to all of it was if i woulda just pulled over nothing would of happened cuz the cop just got word of some street racing happening in the area.:banghead Learned my lesson the hard way you could say:cussing

·
Registered
3 Posts
Has happend to a "friend" of mine. He was going about 80 in a 45 zone when a cop coming from the other direction passes, then turns on his blues. At that point my buddy turned down a long stright hilly road and hit about 100 and the cop didnt even know he turned off so my buddy just took back roads the rest of the way home, the area i live in sucks with cops, nothing better to do than hassle speeders :(

·
Registered
15 Posts
I know these two guys who ran once. Later I heard from some CB listeners that the dispatch was laughing at the cops that pursued. Anyways, these two guys kinda sorta already had an "escape route" anyways, and that combined with the speed of the bikes left the cops wondering what hit them.

I think those two might do it again, especially now that they both have new tires...

·
Registered
27 Posts
without a route, u have to go really fast. I was in a car with a friend when we squelled on the freeway and a cop threw his lights on. Long story short, my friend hit the nos in his car and got off the freeway fast. 4 min later a chopper was flying over the freeway where we saw it from under a huge tree next to the freeway. A guy also in front of my old school got pulled over and the cop tryed to be a dick and embarase him in front of everyone. As soon as the cop got half way to him.... rev and bye bye. we all laughed at the cop.

·
Registered
19 Posts
My father is a trooper in Alabama and I know that one of their requirements is they have to judge a vehicles speed by eyes and judgment only to either 1 or 5mph to the actual speed.

And no comment on taking off from police.

·
Registered
11 Posts
my boy picked me up once on a bike and we drove by a cop going 65 in a 55, he didnt budge so my boy turns around and goes 75 by him still nothing, 1 more time he turns around and zooms by @ 110 the cop turned his lights on started to move and then shut them suckers right back off. guess he figured he wouldnt catch em. it was crazy:scared

·
Registered
14 Posts
haha...yea i have about 10 too many times on my old bike. thats why i got the nickname ghostrider. cops are crazy. i've been a couple of close call chases. the others were so easy i just laugh when i think about it. but only once i've actually had to get off the bike stash it behind a truck and hide. that one scared the shit outta me. but i try not to anymore...i just figure new bike...fresh start...haha "knock on wood"

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
WOOOOWWW! LOL!!! Best thread yet, hands down! My friend in SoCal is always telling me how his friend and his buddies stay running from the cops on their bikes on the Interstate and how its almost normal over there. He did mention tho that his friend got caught like twice tho. What yall think is the easiest getaway? Interstate or backroads??

1 - 20 of 30 Posts