Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone one done the manual fan switch on their 14? I did it to my 10 cause there was a how to on another forum cant seem to find one for the 14. I want the fan to still come on at designated time but i want to be able to use the switch as i need it.

just need to know what wires to splice into with the switch, pics would be great!

thanks

·
Premium Member
13,204 Posts
You would need to run a new circuit from the battery to the fan with an inline fuse for protection. Still not sure what would happen if the fan came on automatically and THEN you hit the switch. I would assume that would only happen by accident.

·
Premium Member
588 Posts
I can't offer any help.

But I don't quite understand how you want it to work. Are you saying you still want the fan to come on automatically on temperature? But you also want to turn it on when you want to even if the "on temp" has not been reached? And/or you also want to turn it off when you want to, even if it has come on automatically?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can't offer any help.

But I don't quite understand how you want it to work. Are you saying you still want the fan to come on automatically on temperature? But you also want to turn it on when you want to even if the "on temp" has not been reached? And/or you also want to turn it off when you want to, even if it has come on automatically?
I want to be able to turn it on/off before it hits temp, once it hits temp it still will come on and go off on its own. Like i said i have down this on my 10 but there was a how to on the forum, iv found a forum with a how to without pics and it uses the hazard button as the fan switch

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You would need to run a new circuit from the battery to the fan with an inline fuse for protection. Still not sure what would happen if the fan came on automatically and THEN you hit the switch. I would assume that would only happen by accident.
Nothing happens it will just stay on until you turn it off, and if its still above temp it will turn off automatically when it gets below temp

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
Well, with the 7 I know you can just put in a switched jumper between the contacts on the coolant fan switch. I don't know if the 14 runs the same setup though.

·
Quinton Phuckin Tarantino
18,914 Posts
Well, with the 7 I know you can just put in a switched jumper between the contacts on the coolant fan switch. I don't know if the 14 runs the same setup though.
I don't think that will work on the 14 the ecu turns on the fan via a relay. the problem is I don't know the ecu voltage ( some ecu's are 5v). I would grab the black/white wire either out of the relay or as it goes into the fan and run a switch from a fused source to this wire.

·
Registered
33 Posts
If I were you I would add the second fan kit. I have my second fan wired directly to the battery through a fuse link. I put a small metal toggle switch in the honeycomb panel on the right next to the tach. On a hot day in the city I just switch it on and leave it. The 2nd fan kit takes about 3 hours to install and no you don't have to remove the radiator. Funny thing, if you are riding with a hell of a wind then the fan will come in handy as well. I found this out last month.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts