Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know, I know...it's bin discussed before!!!!! :nana
OK, check this out.....
On any normal day, on my new zx10r, I get consumption which should see me to about 250km (160m) for a tank...cap to splutter.
Here's the trick part....
Last weekend i took my baby to the track for a ride day. :clap :clap
I filled her up a couple of miles away. The track is 3.9km long (ok ok 2.43miles to you guys). I did around 50 laps over 5 sessions during the day. :crazyloco :crazyloco
When I left that afternoon I filled up before heading home.
SO...I would have done about 200km (125miles), BUT I put in under 10l to fill up (don't know the conversion for volume), which works out to around 340km (212m) for the tank which holds 17l. :headscratch :headscratch
I'm positive I've got the figures right....
SO...the answer is to run to 220kph down the straightaways, freeways and any other stretch of straight road, accelerate like stink out of all the corners and brake like hell on the way into corners..if you want good consumption. :lol :lol :lol
Shredded the tires too... :eek:hno
So if you want an extra 50miles from a tank of gas .....flog it!!!
Do we ride any other way???
cheers

·
Registered
366 Posts
Actually, I've noticed better gas mileage during commuting with a higher average speed.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I think my consumtion is all screwed up, to a full, 4.5g tank, I get 110miles, is this normal? The bike is new and only have 200miles on it...

·
Registered
72 Posts
I think it is man,normal that is, because the closer I get to the break-in point, the more my fuel mileage goes up. Every tank gets more and more miles to it. I start off only getting about 106mi to the tank. Now that Ive got just over 400 miles on the bike im getting around 120mi to the tank.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Same here 120 light comes on,another 20 miles and it's gas time.
The most I've put in it is 4.1 gallons,so 4.5 is a possibility.

·
Registered
532 Posts
This is definately true! Remember, the best consumption should be obtained at peak torque, so this gives you quite high revs, but the wind resistance should also be taken into account.

I found that very much the case on the ZX6R, need to keep the revs to around 9k-10k to get the best consumption, which means that I sometimes keep it in 4th or 5th gear at lower speeds.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I think my consumtion is all screwed up, to a full, 4.5g tank, I get 110miles, is this normal? The bike is new and only have 200miles on it...
i have an 06 10r. i use to get 128 to 131 miles per full tank. a couple of months ago i installed a pair of scorpion slip on and now my gas mileage has dropped to about 112 to 117 miles a tank.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
i get a bout 110 mpgs. I think its acceptable

1 - 9 of 9 Posts