Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys! Been doing some searching and not really finding much photo help on the seat. Looking to get a Concours seat for my '08 ZX14. I understand that it is a bolt on replacement, but what advantages do you find with it? Also, I have Corbin peg lower kit on mine and have seen Murph's Peg Kit here. Where can they be purchased? Thanks!!!
Well, that went well.....................Found Murph's but wasn't impressed with the site. Couldn't tell if anything there was the same as what I saw here. The Concours seat is lots cheaper than Sargent or Corbin but really wanted to hear from some riders about what they thought about this seat mod. I guess all the guys that did the mod went on to buy a nice king/queen combo seat?

·
Registered
481 Posts
I'm looking to get a Sargent for my 2011 Connie, seat for the Connie was upgraded in 2010, would ya be interested in mine?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Wow! Thanks guys! Can you tell me if the brake and shifter are in odd positions with the Murph's? How do you compare the comfort on long rides compared to the stock set up? The doggone Kawi seat is very expensive, but I'm willing to go there because of a couple of long trips I'm planning this summer. Thanks again and I'm looking forward to your answer.

·
Registered
262 Posts
for 40 bucks i went to my local upholstery shop and grabbed some memory foam materail.. and carbon fiber seat wrap. took my seat off, pulled all the staples, and cut out a big bottom portion of my seat where the memory foam would replace. keeping the top of the seat intact to keep its nice shape.

Ive done this with all my bikes and about 10 of my friends bikes also! works like a charm and the seats become supper comfy!

even done the little back seat for my wife on the zx6r. that thing was like riding a brick! i felt bad for her! :crackup

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had to make adjustments to both brake and shifter.

The gel seat is much more comfy than the stocker.
Thanks! I was looking at the instructions at Murph site. I've been using these for a year now http://www.corbin.com/kawasaki/kzx14pegkit.shtml and they have made it real easy for long rides. I adjusted the shifter pretty easy but I left my rear brake pedal in the forward position and it really eliminates wheel lock under hard braking and works pretty good. I'm gonna try the Murphs kit to gsee which one I like better because their peg looks like it grips better when moving around on the bike.

for 40 bucks i went to my local upholstery shop and grabbed some memory foam materail.. and carbon fiber seat wrap. took my seat off, pulled all the staples, and cut out a big bottom portion of my seat where the memory foam would replace. keeping the top of the seat intact to keep its nice shape.

Ive done this with all my bikes and about 10 of my friends bikes also! works like a charm and the seats become supper comfy!

even done the little back seat for my wife on the zx6r. that thing was like riding a brick! i felt bad for her! :crackup
Probably the easiest way to go. I may by a salvage seat from fleabay and try it for a lark. Thanks!

·
Registered
20 Posts
If your still looking for a Connie Seat I have one 4 sale.
Here is what it looked like on my bike.

Snuffy

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
[/IMG]

I bought a C-14 seat for $165 instead of the Sergeant I was going to buy.Installed it today and it feels very comfy.
Craig

1 - 13 of 13 Posts