Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thread from the COG (Concours Owner Group) forum has photos and some info on the C-14 in the Dealership in Taiwan. The good news is the price and specs will be released within a week or two.....:crazyloco

http://www.concours.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=30159

Sorry to keep you all waiting in suspense
I'll do my best to answer all your questions

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by DinoDanny

Okay, I'll be the first to ask. Where did you order it?, when will it be in?, where were the pictures taken and is it a production bike?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* I ordered it in Taiwan
* First batch deliveries are expected in the second half on June ( 2007 )
* These pictures were taken in the Showroom of Kawasaki - Taiwan
* Yes, this is the production model as they told me ... final version.

quote:
Originally posted by tarheelbob

I see you're from Taiwan and am guessing this is a production bike sitting on a showroom floor there?

List price? Weight? Fuel capacity?

You are gonna be one busy person answering our questions as this appears to be the first production order we've heard about. Please fill us in.

* The price will be released next week, 4/28, same time as the bike will be officialy released to public.
* Weight ... I'll have to go back and ask, to be honest that was not really on my mind when I was admiring her. Also since the ZX14 does not feel anything like her real weight I don't think it will be a big concern
* Fuel capacity, this one I do remember 21 Liters.

quote:
Originally posted by helodoc

All right! I picture of the left grip. It appears that there is no cruise control. It loooks like the wind deflectors on the side slabs are removable.

Now cough up some more info. Where did you see this one? If it was over seas shouldn't it say GTR1400 on the side?

I haven't been impressed with the coyness Kawasaki has displayed while releasing this model. Get On With It!

* No cruise control present
* The grills are the top piece of plastic, and from the location of the screws it does look like you can take them off. Don't know however how it will look underneath it once they are removed
* Taiwan follows US-models, so it's called Concours here too, just like the ZX14 we have here and not ZZR1400 like Europe.

quote:
Originally posted by lsgiant

If it is Taiwan would the carpet be in English?

More mystery

* That was just to keep you all wondering
Actually I think Kwaki uses this logo worldwide

Other than that, there is one last spec. they don't dare to put on paper yet ... being the horsepower ... as far as I' concerned just let her be free and keep to the ZX14 roots ... as long as the drive shaft can handle this kind of power

To be continued ...

·
Registered
181 Posts
Seems that Akashi finally found solutions for breaking kardan-transmission on that bike... because I heard that was often problem on many factory testings...

·
Registered
57 Posts
no idea about the US price~ but the taiwan price is NT$730,000 which is about US$21~22000...

for reference, the 14 costs NT$625000 or about US$18~19000

try comparing that to US prices, and you should be able to figure out a rough cost for the C14~

·
Registered
215 Posts
Finally saw the GTR1400 in the flesh last weekend in Australia at the Ulysses Club Annual General Meeting at Coffs Harbour NSW. Looks so much better in real life than in pics. But....... I want black and that won't come here till next year...unless someone wants to swap me my grey for their black body work??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts