Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another question for you knowledgeable lot, im in the process of fitting a turbo to my zx1100 c1. I have a choice of piston on the bench to use both are height comp unfortunately so both will need to be acompanyed with a base spacer. First set is stock 1052cc at 11.1 c.r second choice is wisico 1109cc with 12.1 c.r. I would like to reduce the c.r to around 10.1 max. What thickness base spacer would be needed to achieve 10.1
I'm not going to be running big boost maybe 5-8psi and will be running race fuel at 100+ octane. As this is a race bike it will spend 95% of it's time at WOT. Any advise would be greatly received.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I wouldnt use the Wiescos, Unless things have changed for them They dont know what a round piston really is. Is there any reason you wouldnt just fly cut the pistons? Also I would think the turbo supplier would have a good guess if you go with a base spacer.

·
Premium Member
13,045 Posts
The compression reduction required to safely run a turbo may be too much for a spacer. Get a set of pistons made to spec at 9:1 or even less depending upon how much boost you want to run. I have heard of some people running as low as 7.9:1 compression with 12-15 lbs of boost to keep their motors from fragging.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for advise guys, I have decided to run the stock pistons, need to measure them and see if I can fly cut a little off them. Going to go with a 2mm spacer and just keepboost down to start with see what happens lol.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts