Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first off, i hope i'm posting in the right section, and secondly, feel totally free to direct me to a thread where i'm sure this has already been discussed. i noticed the sticky for common mods to the 05+ 636, but not the 03 04 model

anywayz heres what i got so far that i want to do:

* quick turn throttle (72 degree instead of 90), i've heard "Rifleman" has these for $25, i've PMed him
* steer dampener, what do you guys reccomend?
* brake calipers - do most guys end up keeping them? i for sure will be putting a brembo master cylinder and SS lines, but do other kawasaki or Yamaha calipers work better? (such as they do on the 10R)
* rims - do later model years have rims that are lighter than fit the 03 636?
* GP shift - I assume just cut the front sprocket cover a bit, so that you can flip the shifter at the shifter shaft - i assume this works (?)
* slipper clutch - what aftermarket companies make them? which is best? can you transfer in a slipper clutch from another later model kawi?
* any easy electric mods that get me more power? i know the "jumper mod" works on the 05'+ year models, anything similar that can be done and gained with the 03?

thats all for now!
I came from a 2008 CBR1000RR; had a 2004 zx10R before that ...... man its nice to have this 636 - so much lighter than the literbikes, and still PLENTY of power! :crazyloco

·
Registered
35 Posts
I also would be interested in learning people's feedback on this. I just bought my 2003 636 in June and am getting to know her this season. Next year I might be interested in a bit more power, and would be curious to see what is available without taking apart the engine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts