Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After longer time, I decided to write fewer words again...

First, as I can see by overwieving my 1400 GTR collection in my laptop (which is now over 300 Mb of materials, movies etc...), and which is result of dedicated search and love about this Kawa flagship, is what seems to me that Japanese really must "shit the crossbar on the ladder" every time they decide to make something called "top in it's class" or "state of the art"...

As regarding Kawasaki 1400 GTR (yessss, I finally adopted that "inversed" termin instead of "GTR 1400"), first thing which jumps in the eye is colour range. Or, better to say, absence of any kind of choice... Yes, I know, many will say that such a serious and expensive bike deserves decent colour range (what is wrong, look just at Gold Wing...), which betray seriousness of it's owner in any situation. So is silver, like also black, perfect match for that beauty (and my finall opinion is saduced by a "dark side", and black shall be outfitt for my next Lord... :mfclap :mfclap :mfclap ).

Looking at some other opinions, shown over links on this forum, I saw incredible ugly pieces of 1400 GTR, coloured by Japanese, where are blue, yellow and red colour - all in wrong tone of that colours! Red is wrong, blue is also wrong, and yellow is picked from darker scale, so there's nothing nice or atrractive in that colours... Gold Wing is coloured in light banana yellow, one nice and full colour, which is totally magnetical for seeing. Blue must be as same as default top of active window in Windows XP, not as light as background colour of clock down right at same desktop... red shall be as Ferrari red or juicy cherry dark red, not as old brick in old wall...

What I wanna to say? I want to say that such a bike deserves better and more atrractive colour range, from available decent and serious monochromatic black and silver, to light and juicy full colours for individualists which likes to attract and take all eyes on them. Of course that also Kawasaki green, maybe in some few tones darker look, can be nice shot, like on VN 1600 Classic Tourer.

What do You think about colours? Any wishes?

Second is a little disappointment about equipment... such a tourer without possibility to have heated grips or seats... a little bit unusuall, isn't it?

Have You some more remarks about equipment?

·
Registered
184 Posts
The glass was built twice as big as it needed to be...

·
Registered
85 Posts
A nice Kawasaki green is warranted...

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
But, not to continue with off-topic in this thread (please!), I will take copy/paste from thread "Did You know that" of ICBM, just to see some facts which are, like everything good and astonishing, also piece of our beloved GTR. So don't take any critics too much to the heart, because we stand on reality... So please put here all of the mistakes You found on GTR/C-14, and share it with us, so will be also much easier to find a solution and good advice...

===========================================

"The hazard flashers ( 4-ways to me ) only work with the ignition in the ON position!!! This makes no sense to me! If you stop to aid, or just in an vulnerable location, you must either leave the bike running or capable of running. Dumb!!"

My comment: YES! That's is not only dumb, that can be also very dangerous...

"You can ride with the top stoage door open if you're carefull. This is usefull if you have your garage door opener velcro'd in there or you have a small snack which needs to be consumed."

Comment: Sorry, I didn't understood what are You talking about...

"The hand grip diameter is too small for us old Cruiser Guys. I miss my Kuryakan Iso grips very much. My right thumb and forefinger get buzzed to numb very quickly."

Comment: I think it's problem on many bikes, I say that in my own name... especially on BMW's, all of them have a handgrip diameter for kids fists... and I feel much better and safer when I have some grip around which my hand doesn't go almost two circles... :)) But I'm sure that quality and quantity on aftermarket will solve this problem much as easier than some others...

·
Registered
451 Posts
Maybe they made the handgrips small so that you could add heated grips later..:rotflmao

·
Registered
215 Posts
Well

Well my black one now has heated grips and cruise for outlay of $600 but I fitted them my self. No heated seat yet...but working on the Gel one from kawasaki to be heated,:clap Now if I can only rig up one of those vibrating ones like the motel beds but where would I put the coins in???:rolleyes

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Now if I can only rig up one of those vibrating ones like the motel beds but where would I put the coins in???:rolleyes
Maybe some female pillion has some place for Your coin? :rotflmao :crazyloco :rotflmao :crazyloco

·
Registered
85 Posts
I took a dinner ride with a group that included another C-14 last night. The tail light is not very bright during the day. The brake light is OK. At night it seems to be adequate. This was surprising - all of the other bikes in the group were brighter.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am considering a custom paint job for the GTR. I am pleased with the stock color. One color choice from factory for this bike is cool with me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts