Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a couple tours set up, one this weekend in the Ramapo 500 and then a 2 week vacation on the bike. I had a few projects to get it ready

She's ready to go... Factory oil out at 265mi. Castrol GTX 10W-40 for remainder of break-in.

Givi painted with the closest color the paint shop could make up using a special camera on the bodywork.. Its not exact.. but it looks good I think. I'm not the best clear coat painter but I had a blast doing it.

http://s195.photobucket.com/albums/z311/JamminJere/?action=view¤t=3d5b35bc.pbw

Time to put some more miles on this thing...

See you on the road,

Jerry

·
Registered
53 Posts
The givi looks good, and the paint is fine. Which tankbag are you using?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Ok...I can finally see the great pix...thank you...as with most sport touring vehicles, top cases without riders seem disproportionant. Any chance someday you can get a photo of you in the rider position and also two up? :)

The topcase looks great!:clap

·
Registered
368 Posts
Good paint job Jerry.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jaxon,

It was the old concours tankbag from kawaski... I'm looking into a bags-connection with the sw-motech gas tank filler connection... no straps... no MAGNETS (will screw up your FOB for KI-PASS) But the old one is like a purse i guess.. im used to it and it fit ok..for now

Jerry

·
Registered
53 Posts
jamminjere,

Thanks for the info.

Cary

·
Registered
451 Posts
Nice Job..:clap especially as the GTR1400 top box is £200.00 in the UK. The Givi box will be far superior in quality, I should think. Where do you get the backrest pad and topcase rail? Are they Givi accessories?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Looks good. How did you fix the top-box? I've read a few threads of top-boxes coming off as they've been fixed to the plastic rack of the GTR which has enabled the fixings to pull through!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Garry,

I didn't want to take a chance trusting the E250 universal topcase mount to the plastic stock luggage rack. I fabricated an exact luggage rack out of aluminum first, then found that steel plate of the same thickness (.125in.) was a better choice.

We just got back from a tour around New England of over 1900 miles.. All gear worked flawlessly. Especially the bike!

See you on the road,

Jerry

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hitman,

Sorry I missed your post... yes backpad and rack all Givi Accessories.. bought a inner bag with it.. easy to pack and live out of on the road..

Jerry

1 - 14 of 14 Posts