Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys new here.get bike tuesday,second hand 700 miles,it comes with a full Yoshi system,still in the box,how much of a job is it going to be to fit and wot power gains can i expect ,thanks in advance

·
Registered
990 Posts
Welcome Cliff

Congrats on your recent acquisition :crazyloco

So did the previous owner find it too much?

Not done an exhaust swap on a 14 but on the 1100 Geep you have to remove lower fairings, oil cooler (swing out of way), drain & remove radiator, so must be similar on 14.

Make sure you have the exhaust port gaskets & joint paste before you start & do a trial fit to make sure everything goes together properly. If you've not fitted a system before it is fairly easy DIY.

Can't help on power gains but Yoshi site should have info.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Welcome Cliff

Congrats on your recent acquisition :crazyloco

So did the previous owner find it too much?

Not done an exhaust swap on a 14 but on the 1100 Geep you have to remove lower fairings, oil cooler (swing out of way), drain & remove radiator, so must be similar on 14.

Make sure you have the exhaust port gaskets & joint paste before you start & do a trial fit to make sure everything goes together properly. If you've not fitted a system before it is fairly easy DIY.

Can't help on power gains but Yoshi site should have info.
Not all can handle the power of the zx14. I'm 5'4" 43kg, and i can handle it but my friend that's 5'9" 57kg coudln't.

My colleague fitted a yoshi slip on and the power gains are as follows :-

standard setup : 168hp
yoshi pipe : 185hp
yoshi + PC3 : 194hp

what shortcircuit said is right, you have to take apart many things in order to do a good installation. From my experience, it's a straight forward job though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts