Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 05 zx636… would start up and dies on Cold start. Changed plugs, throttle body, fuel pump, ecu, cleaned the injectors, checked the stick coils resistance, synchronize the throttle body…. When it is warm and running, it Idles fine…. Only when it cold start, it would jump to 1400 rpm and will jus die down and shut down. Even if I turn the rpm all the way up, it won’t idle fine until it reaches like 130 degrees.

·
Registered
1993 Zx-7 L Model, 2006 ZX-10R
4,417 Posts
Have a 05 zx636… would start up and dies on Cold start. Changed plugs, throttle body, fuel pump, ecu, cleaned the injectors, checked the stick coils resistance, synchronize the throttle body…. When it is warm and running, it Idles fine…. Only when it cold start, it would jump to 1400 rpm and will jus die down and shut down. Even if I turn the rpm all the way up, it won’t idle fine until it reaches like 130 degrees.
What happens when you blip the throttle while it's warming up?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Would just jump back to 1400 rpm and immediately start dropping back down and shut down. The minute the bike reaches 120-130 degrees, it balances out and function and throttle perfect. But I would have to somewhat hold the throttle or blip the throttle until it’s warmed. It’s not reving up to like 1500 and then die down. It’s like the computer is not recognizing the cold air so it’s not allowing the bike to run rich to warm up.

·
Registered
4,417 Posts
Would just jump back to 1400 rpm and immediately start dropping back down and shut down. The minute the bike reaches 120-130 degrees, it balances out and function and throttle perfect. But I would have to somewhat hold the throttle or blip the throttle until it’s warmed. It’s not reving up to like 1500 and then die down. It’s like the computer is not recognizing the cold air so it’s not allowing the bike to run rich to warm up.
Found this thread: 2005 ZX636 Cold Start Problems on the zx6r forums. One reply there by riverszzr lists things that should be checked. Did you also happen to come across this thread before posting here? I see in your first post that some parts have been replaced and/or serviced already.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’ve been looking for the last 3 weeks on forums and none of them seem to helped. Hence I started one. It Dosent high idle then drops, it goes straight to where it would idle at warm and decreases until it shuts down

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just watched the video. Only thing I can come down to is valve clearance. But his bike swings a bit long before it starts. Mine Dosent do that. I’ll try to see if I can upload a video of what is it doing.

·
Registered
4,417 Posts
I’ve been looking for the last 3 weeks on forums and none of them seem to helped. Hence I started one. It Dosent high idle then drops, it goes straight to where it would idle at warm and decreases until it shuts down
I wasn't questioning why you started one. That's the whole point of forums. I was just asking if you had come across that particular one. Honestly, I only did a quick search and that was one of the first ones that popped up in my Google results. It gives a good direction to start troubleshooting IMO.

A video would be helpful. Upload it to YouTube and post the link here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts