Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ve 2016 ZX14R, full stock. Wanna get rid of stock cans without having to pay a fortune on them. Looking for decent looking slipons in order to have some sound. I ve shortlisted Coffman Shorty and Dellkevic Mini 8" Carbon fiber round mufflers.
Which one is better. Not looking for extra power. Just looks and sound.
Please suggest

·
Registered
38 Posts
I am very happy with my 14" oval CF Delkevics. Great sound without being loud around the neighborhood. Priced very reasonable. I'm guessing the shortys will be a fair amount louder.

ominousone

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have the 14” delks on my 2012. Sound great but they do have a buzz in the midrange that you’ll have to get used to. I have a set of Coffmans also just sitting in a box. Louder, and more nasaly sounding.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Is it full system or just slip ons? I am concerned about that buzz which you mentioned.
Slip ons. I ride with earplugs and a full face so it’s not really an issue, but it is there... at least until 120 or so??

I also have a double bubble screen so that might make a difference also.

·
Registered
38 Posts
It seems generally accepted that you need not rune for slip-ons, so I did not do a tune. There is no "bobbling" and only a small pop between shifts. I do want to get it tuned and dyno'ed eventually. But for now it runs nice and clean.

ominousone

·
Registered
51 Posts
It seems generally accepted that you need not rune for slip-ons, so I did not do a tune. There is no "bobbling" and only a small pop between shifts. I do want to get it tuned and dyno'ed eventually. But for now it runs nice and clean.

ominousone
Mine were on it when I bought it, no pc5 or anything. Runs flawlessly, smooth and linear power. Get the occasional pops on downshifts.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think coffman's look better because they get rid of the pipe and the can all the way back to the wheel. The delks look like underdeveloped mufflers to me lol no offense. While the coffman, is NOT a muffler and I would suggest tuning after getting them on based on that fact and an ecu flash to adjust for that fact ;) I have a power commander 5, so between that and the tune ecu flash I am sure I will be just fine when I get mine next month :)

·
Registered
918 Posts
I think coffman's look better because they get rid of the pipe and the can all the way back to the wheel. The delks look like underdeveloped mufflers to me lol no offense. While the coffman, is NOT a muffler and I would suggest tuning after getting them on based on that fact and an ecu flash to adjust for that fact ;) I have a power commander 5, so between that and the tune ecu flash I am sure I will be just fine when I get mine next month :)
Isnt Coffman just a $220 repurposed J.C whitney exhuast tip ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just put Coffman’s (ordered without company badging for cleaner look) on my ‘18 ZX-14R ABS SE, and even though I still have only run it with the inserts installed, THEY STILL SOUND SOOO EFFIN INCREDIBLE & they aren’t too loud at low rpm so no one has complained to me yet! I mean if you’re looking for performance gains, look elsewhere HOWEVER they do save you something like 35lbs over stock! I mean for the price I don’t think you can beat COFFMAN!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts