Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was down at the local Kawasaki dealer the other day and they priced me out $190CAD for an EBC kit, or close to $230CAD for the OEM since I'd have to buy the whole shooting match piece by piece. Add in another $9 for a new gasket.

Is the EBC any good, or is there something better that I should be looking for?

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Best setup is OEM plates; this clutch is quite billet proof. After market plates are known for being grabbier than OEM.
If you want a different one, you can use use OEM plates and after market (EBC or Barnett [if the latter still make some]) springs. But you'll get a stiffer lever to operate.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Go OEM.

cheers

·
Registered
287 Posts
What does "the whole shooting match" mean? Frictions AND steels? No need to ever replace steels unless they are warped.
A quick check online shows a new set of fibers and a gasket can be had for about $120 including shipping. If you are careful you can use the gasket several times.

Replacing a clutch is one of the easiest maintenance items on the bike. Lean the bike over and you wont lose any oil.

13088-1107 Frictions are $10.65 ea. you need 9 $98.85
13089-1092 Steels are $6.53 ea. You need 8 $52.24
11061-1154 Gasket,Clutch Cover $6.17

Make sure to double check these part #'s and prices before you order.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The EBC kit had EVERYTHING, even springs. Only thing It didn't have was a gasket. And those prices are great, if you're American. :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts