Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi friends i have a 2007 ZX14 and experiencing clutch slippage problem (rpm keeps increasing after 4k but the wheel does not deliver same output)& it seems its increasing can i overcome it by readjusting the clutch(distance or clutch locknut) or can i just change the friction plates instead of changing the complete KIT(friction,steel plates & springs) ?
!!!!NEED SUGESSIONS PLS!!!

·
Premium Member
13,119 Posts
If it just started slipping with no new levers or fluid change, you will need a new clutch pack. When you get it apart, check the steel plates for flatness and sand any bluing or burnishment off before reassembly with new friction plates.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thankyou friends it does not have aftermarket Livers only the OEM repainted to Golden,but i had an Performance EFI Stage III upgrade on it and Laser can Moto GP evo III 4x4 evhaust. & the stack will be mounted on the shaft only the transmission is hydraulic clutch arrangment remains same !!

·
Administrator
58,569 Posts
Thankyou friends it does not have aftermarket Livers only the OEM repainted to Golden,but i had an Performance EFI Stage III upgrade on it and Laser can Moto GP evo III 4x4 evhaust. & the stack will be mounted on the shaft only the transmission is hydraulic clutch arrangment remains same !!
That might be your problem. It doesn't take much to keep a hydraulic clutch from disengaging. Make sure the lever is not binding at all where it was painted. Since the lever was removed, make sure the pin from the master cylinder is in the right spot of the cam on the inside of the lever.
I haven't heard of too many bad clutches on the 14 unless it's been flogged at the drag strip.
How many miles on the bike?

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
did this start after painting? ez is prob. right there sounds like a pin issue.

·
Registered
773 Posts
When the clutch pin seats correctly in the lever, the lever slips easily into place and the pin that you screw into the assembly is easy to do.

If the pin is not in the lever hole you will have to push the clutch lever into place (compressing the pin in the master) to get the guide pin to screw into the assembly.

Thats where you get partial engagement of the clutch and the slipping occurs.

Guys, if there is air in the line the clutch will be fully engaged when you are not touching the clutch lever, its when you try to disengage the clutch (pull in the lever) that the air will compress and the clutch will not disengage and you will have shifting issues.

its not air, its the lever, or his clutch plates. (which I doubt)

PS: I hope he is using MC oil and not car oils..............

·
Administrator
58,569 Posts
When the clutch pin seats correctly in the lever, the lever slips easily into place and the pin that you screw into the assembly is easy to do.

If the pin is not in the lever hole you will have to push the clutch lever into place (compressing the pin in the master) to get the guide pin to screw into the assembly.

Thats where you get partial engagement of the clutch and the slipping occurs.

Guys, if there is air in the line the clutch will be fully engaged when you are not touching the clutch lever, its when you try to disengage the clutch (pull in the lever) that the air will compress and the clutch will not disengage and you will have shifting issues.
its not air, its the lever, or his clutch plates. (which I doubt)

PS: I hope he is using MC oil and not car oils..............
That was me. Just pulling things out of the air.:rolleyes
There was someone who had front brakes locking up and he said the end result was air in the lines which I found hard to believe. Sort of a similar situation that you're describing. Either way, just throwing out suggestions for the op.
ya never know what they have until we get more info.

·
Registered
773 Posts
That was me. Just pulling things out of the air.:rolleyes
There was someone who had front brakes locking up and he said the end result was air in the lines which I found hard to believe. Sort of a similar situation that you're describing. Either way, just throwing out suggestions for the op.
ya never know what they have until we get more info.
:smile:smile:smile:smile:smile:smile:smile:smile:smile:smile

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks will check on the pin thing again anyway ive already ordered the barnet complete performance clutch kit ...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts