Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i did a oil change today and while on the standsi throwed it in gear to check for a noise i am getting with my chain well noise found but with the clutch fully depredded the wheel kept spinning what can this be i am a lil new to this

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
My back tire spins when its up on the stand too. Just the clutch dragging in the oil.

As long as the bike isn't trying to walk away on its own when it is on the ground, it is fine.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok i got kinda worried i know it jumps wheni put it in gear on the ground but that comes at a complaint of someone who wants my bike

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
People will complain about anything if it means saving a buck. Is this person going to buy it?

And chain noise is usually tension related.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no it not for sale they just like to aggrevate me i sold my other zx7 but the chain noise is just a old worn out chain alot of pitch links and i am stretched all the way back so i am going to replace the chain definiately but trying to figure out the sprockets are they good or not they are on my other post

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts

The teeth start to look like they are "bent" or in some cases actually bend. If they look even on both sides, then the sprockets are ok.

I would have to say you can replace the chain and keep the sprockets (if they are good) but I wouldn't put new sprockets on and keep an old chain. Some people will debate that and say replace it all at once every time... but whatever.

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
Idk, the angle is kind of funny so it is hard to tell.

You would be better able to tell on your own, but you know what to look for now. The teeth start to wear in one direction. You can still get plenty of life out of the pic I posted, but they are indeed worn.

Yours, at least that front one, appear to be just fine. Just make sure to keep the chain lubed.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok thanks for the help i been staring at it a few and it almost like the sprocket on the bar of my chain saw so i try to do some comparing in the day light but that chain is leaving here lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts