1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok first i have 07 fast blk
Hers is my problem I have 3800 miles on my 14 and the clutch is slipping
can that be true i have draged it a few time but not to mess the clutches up
well do you all think something wrong inside or should i just take the clutches out and replace them or take it to the dealer and see what they can do for me

·
Registered
379 Posts
Always remember that drags will kill a clutch and the power of the 14 makes a tasty meal of clutch plates to. I have seen a 14 for drags get 1200 kilos out of a clutch and then the plates were stuffed beyond anything i have ever seen.

Get new ones and ride well and safe.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Amen:rofl

·
Registered
138 Posts
My clutch went out a little early on my 14. I also drag the bike. I took it to my dealer and told him if it was just plan wore out from aggerssive riding that I would have no prob. paying for it.W hen they tore it down they called me to come in and see the plates. They looked like they had bubbles on them but they were prefectly smooth. None of us had ever seen anything like this before.Kawi. replaced the clutch for free wich was cool, because it was somthing we had not seen before and it didn't look like abuse.The best we all could come up with was bad oil,not rated for motorcycles. Make sure you run good oil from a sealed container. Some of the bulk stuff at the dealers is shit.I run nothing but 20-50 Penzoil motorcycle but considering changing to Amsoil 20-50 next summer now that I have some miles on the bike. Crowd.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts