Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

The issue that I am having is that I dont have any clutch pressure (brakes are fine). When I start bike and put it in first it lunges forward and just dies.

Can someone shine some lite on what the problem might be and how to resolve it.

Thanks in Advance!

K22

·
Premium Member
4,288 Posts
how do u ride??
what type of ride?
pop mono's, had a spill, new bike old bike 2nd hand etc

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its a second hand bike. Its a 91 with 16k miles. Ride aggressive at times but nothing out of hand. Its been down for about two months now.

Is there an easy way to bleed the clutch?

Thanks in Advance

·
Registered
58 Posts
is the cable ok??
could be that the cable is broken and therefor the clutch is not separated when u put the bike into first. see if when u pull the clutch in, the lttl lever on the outside of the transmission is actually movin or not

the cable is attached to that and that part is located towrds the bottom of the bike i m sure u know............ just check if it moves when u pull the clutch

·
Registered
990 Posts
what cable???

giovannifh said:
is the cable ok??
could be that the cable is broken and therefor the clutch is not separated when u put the bike into first. see if when u pull the clutch in, the lttl lever on the outside of the transmission is actually movin or not

the cable is attached to that and that part is located towrds the bottom of the bike i m sure u know............ just check if it moves when u pull the clutch
Erm... on the big Kwaks they have hydraulic NOT cable operation on the clutch

·
Registered
58 Posts
but i don't think 91's had hydrolic clutches.

·
Premium Member
4,288 Posts
clutch pads worn...... did it happen suddenly?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It did happen suddenly. Was fine one day and down the next. She runs but the clutch wont engage.

Im interested in putting her up for sale if anyone is interested let me know and I will post some pics and give any info that is needed.

Thanks in Advance.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts