Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI GUYS! I HAVEN'T BEEN ON IN AWHILE SINCE I HAD THE CARB PROBLEM! I RECENTLY GOT MY BIKE OUT OF THE SHOP. MY CARBS HAD TO BE CLEANED.IT NOWS RUNS GREAT AND DOESN'T BURN LEAN ANYMORE.
BUT NOW I HAVE A NEW PROBLEM! ONE DAY 2 WEEKS AGO I GOT MY BIKE OUT TO RIDE SINCE THERE WAS DECENT WEATHER, STARTED IT UP, LET IT GET WARM AND PUT IT IN GEAR TO TAKE OFF! GOT TO A STOP SIGN DOWNSHIFTING FROM 3 - 1 AND GOT READY TO TAKE OFF FROM THE STOP SIGN AND MY BIKE JUST DIED! I KNOW IT WAS WARM AND I KNEW I WAS TAKING OFF IN 1ST, WHEN I STARTED IT UP AGAIN AND TRIED TO PUT IT IN NEUTRAL AND IT WOULD NOT GO INTO NEUTRAL! I HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO GET IT INTO NEUTRAL SINCE. WHEN I TRY TO RIDE IT IT JUST DIES SOUNDING LIKE IT'S STUCK BETWEEN TWO GEARS! I THINK IT IS STUCK BETWEEN TWO GEARS! HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD A PROBLEM LIKE THIS? ANY SUGGESTIONS?:headscratch :banghead

KDOGONE

·
Registered
19 Posts
try rolling the bike as you shift into neutral, if that doesnt work i would think something is wrong with your shift fork, the clutch is only adjustable by the plates you use as it is a slipper clutch so if you clutch was worn out it would not be engaging , check you fluid level and bleed the system just to eliminate another potential problem, hope that helps

1 - 2 of 2 Posts