Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

Just purchased a 2000 ZX-11 with 4k miles on it. This is actually my 1st sports bike. I feel that the clutch is slipping on the machine. Is there any way to adjust it? I have the service manual but it doesn't mention adjusting the clutch on this. It is hydraulic so maybe that has something to do with it. Any help would be appreciated....

Jeff

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
It's hydraulic. You'll need to replace it. Not a big job. I just did mine...installed a DP clutch and springs in my ZX1100E. Took all of about 45 minutes. Don't forget to get a new gasket for the clutch housing. Have some Lithium or Moly grease with you to grease the 'pusher' and the roller bearings.

DW

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just purchased the bike a couple weeks ago so I don't know about the abuse part. The guy who had it kept good care of it except when he stored it. I actually had a good car tech ride it this week end. He's stating that it's not the clutch that slipping after all. It appears to him that it's running on 3 cylinders until you gain a little speed or shift up a couple gears.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Just a guess, but maybe the first owner that you bought it from tryed to do burn-outs, but didn't have any luck, so he gave up and sold it...

I'd also suggest that you just change it and start fresh....

·
Registered
683 Posts
I don't know if i'd buy that. the zx11 does burn outs with ease. He's have to be a total moron.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Did you try bleeding the clutch maybe have some air in it? Check the plugs see if they are wet or oily that migt show an indicator if the engine is haveing problems.

·
Registered
990 Posts
If it's had that little use it's probably blocked jets unless the carbs were drained down during any periods of non-use, though check air & fuel filters are clear & in good condition first & drain float chambers to check for any other crud or water in the fuel.

Long term the pilots jets will tend to block up with gummy residue where the fuel has evaporated off. If you don't want the hassle of stripping the carbs do a couple of doses of fuel system cleaner first to see if that clears them out.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Problem resolved...Pilot jets clogged up. This actually goes back to the 1st problem I had with low end power(stumble)...Thanks guys..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts