Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'd love to ask for some advice before buying my first Kawasaki. Been riding a Honda Transalp but like to get my first sportsbike for track/weekend.

I've found a C1 in Cambodia which are very rare here to be well looked after so it's a rough one, It has 54.000 km and can negotiate price down to 1000usd.

Even in low rpm's the engine is overheating and making a very strong ticking sound which stays consistent.
Carbs? or what else could it be?

Appreciate taking your time to read/respond and help me before I buy a lemon.
Kind regards.
Bolly

Attachments

·
Registered
1993 Zx-7 L Model, 2006 ZX-10R
4,606 Posts
Hi all, I'd love to ask for some advice before buying my first Kawasaki. Been riding a Honda Transalp but like to get my first sportsbike for track/weekend.

I've found a C1 in Cambodia which are very rare here to be well looked after so it's a rough one, It has 54.000 km and can negotiate price down to 1000usd.

Even in low rpm's the engine is overheating and making a very strong ticking sound which stays consistent.
Carbs? or what else could it be?

Appreciate taking your time to read/respond and help me before I buy a lemon.
Kind regards.
Bolly
do not buy

·
Registered
403 Posts
Any consistent strong ticking sound is the engine telling you rebuild me now or else. Any engine that is constantly overheating is going to have internal damage from moderate to severe.

Unless you are ready to rebuild the engine yourself, look elsewhere. There is a reason that a rare bike is going for cheap.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts