Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
today when i rolled my bike out of the garage there was like 5 clicks and then hard clank over n over ,it started after a back fire then revved fine no clicks and when i put it in first the hard clanks were back and harder and harder the higher i rev down the street :eek:hno ...so i put it back in the garage =(

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
If it makes the noise when revving in neutral, it has nothing to do with the trans. I'd guess there are some internal engine issues; bottom end bearings or valvetrain.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i just got the bike not runnin from a kid that said second gear was "missing teeth" and ever since i got it runnin about a week ago second has always been a pain in the ass on and off to get into and now im pretty sure there was no second at all i didnt ride very far just to the end of my street and back..how hard is it to throw some gears in a 93zx7 , anyone have pics of a Clymer book so i know what im torquing in there? :banghead

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no click clacking or knockin in neurtal just when rollin it with the bike off it clicks about 5 times then a clank over n over and when i start it and put it in first it clanks steadly faster with the rpm

·
Registered
923 Posts
If your going to to the transmission yourself, do yourself a huge favor and buy or borrow a clymer from public library. Do not try and do it without one. You need ALL torque specs.

·
Registered
90 Posts
This is just me, but when i'm going into a job like this, I prefer nothing less than the oem manual, unless you have compared the oem with a clymer and there is more info/pics in the aftermarket one...

Could possibly be the trans, some gears are always meshed, even in neutral

1 - 7 of 7 Posts