Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you properly wash a bike? I've always whiped it down with a damp cloth, to make it have that factory shine still. It's seen some days lately with me taking it to school. So I want to wash it.

·
Registered
184 Posts
use a bucket with the ur brand of wash soap that you want and whipe it down. Give it a good wax after so washing it next time will be a breeze

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
+1 for senor clean.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Shampoo and soft water, then use a towel to dry her off.

Then a brisk ride throught the back streets to get that "out of the shop" shine.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Okay, what I thought was right.

What about the Honda polish that everyone rant and raves about? Is that anything special or can I just use my turtle wax?

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Turtle wax is good.

·
Registered
379 Posts
My bike shop sells a spray bottle of soap made by ELF the French oil company. You wipe the bike down with a damp cloth and then with this stuff and it is amazing. It gets that chain grease and grime off with not an issue in the world. One wipe and the stuf is off. Then they also have a polish which you use after that and it goes on easy and comes off even easier. My bike always looks like new and i ride every day

·
Registered
444 Posts
My bike shop sells a spray bottle of soap made by ELF the French oil company. You wipe the bike down with a damp cloth and then with this stuff and it is amazing. It gets that chain grease and grime off with not an issue in the world. One wipe and the stuf is off. Then they also have a polish which you use after that and it goes on easy and comes off even easier. My bike always looks like new and i ride every day
You know if it's available in the states? sounds interesting but I can't find any info on the net.

·
Registered
18 Posts
proper washing

Body first,always shaded , never in the sun.Use a wash/ wax car wash.Use 100% cotton rags.I like zip wax car wash ,avail. at wal mart & automotive part stores.Do not spray water into ram air duct.Also avoid spraying instruments.Dry bike with 100% cotton towels or other no scratch products. Wash wheels with leftover suds last.Anywhere there is grit do that last.Never use rags on shiny surfaces after washing grity parts.Grit in rags will scratch body & windscreen.When rinsing never spray with high pressure.Instead rinse from overhead letting water gently flow over bike.Water directed at bike under high pressure will find its way into critical electronics & electrical connections.I can't tell you how many times customers have come to me & said the problem started after I washed it at a high pressure car wash or with a pressure washer.For tar & grease stains mineral spirits applied to a 100% cotton rag works really well.Be shure to spot wax any places where mineral spirits had to be used.Good luck,your friend (KAWBOY):thumbup

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.