Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally pulled my fork tubes tonight to have the seals replaced. Doubtful any oil remains in the tubes. :tard Gonna have to order new brake pads too; they're soaked in fork oil. :eek:hno
What is the best thing to use to clean all the fork oil that has been dripping and slinging all over everything, without removing the paint from the wheel and calipers?

Engine degreaser? Carb cleaner? Simple Green?

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
Don't use simple green, it eats aluminum. Unless you have the aircraft grade stuff.

You can use just soap and water. Any aluminum/paint safe engine degreaser. but soap and water is probably readily available.

·
Premium Member
1,682 Posts
Agree with Squidge there. Dawn dish soap and water. It's what they use to clean oil off seagulls, penguins and such-

·
Premium Member
13,207 Posts
Engine degreaser works fine. To clean the internals of the fork, use mineral spirits.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I used brake cleaner on the rotors, car wash concentrate and one of those glove dealeo's to wash the rim. Just using shop towels to clean the calipers and fender until I get her out of the garage and can wash her properly. Should have the new brake pads today, means she's on the road tonight!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts