Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
61 - 67 of 67 Posts
2006 zx6r seafoam

what are the steps to take when seafoaming a fuel injected motor? amount to use in fuel? oil case? etc...

thanks

Discussion starter · #62 ·
what are the steps to take when seafoaming a fuel injected motor? amount to use in fuel? oil case? etc...

thanks
The ratio will be listed on the can's instructions. Or so I would think.

Masta, how'd you seafoam your bike...i mean which vac line did you use?
I was thinking of doing this awhile ago, but the only vac line I see is the one for the kleen air system.
In a 9R, the vacuum lines goes to #1 and #4 manifolds only (those for carbs balance tunning). So What I've done lately?
I took my airbox out and could soak the valves and piston crowns for a few hours (running starter now and then) and after that, warmed the engine and shot seafoam down the carbs throats with the engine running, and lifting the sliders with my other hand indicator finger (one time each, in a 3 seconds sequence), putting the engine @ 5,500 rpm by the idle screw for that. Then I got a water pressurized wash machine and sent water mist over the carbs, like running a piano keyboard until the engine almost dies, for a few times. Got good results. In the sump for oil flush, 6 to 9 oz. in 2,5 - 3 liter of oil is a good measure, or half a can for half a sump of oil.

Discussion starter · #65 ·
...like running a piano keyboard until the engine almost dies...
What do you mean by this, that you swung the water sprayer back and forth?

Interesting!

Well not exactly swung the sprayer, just in one direction all the way, almost dying, wait the recovery, and the same backing, rsrsrsrsrs.

How about if you pour gas or carb cleaner while valves are closed and suck it out again after an hour? If it seeps through then suck it out of the cylinder along with the loose carbon deposits. Do it right before an oil change is needed and drain it so no fuel is in the oil.

61 - 67 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.