Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished cleaning the carbs on my 2000 6R due to some crystalized particles in the float bowls. Now she won't start. Is there a trick to filling up the carbs? It just sputters every now and then.

·
Registered
236 Posts
make sure the pump is working ,float bowls have to fill back up.charge your battery

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I took the line off the carbs and the pump is working. I opened up the drain screws on the bowls and fuel came out of each carb. Battery is charged. Still wont fire.

·
Registered
236 Posts
i had that happen once ,might have to change your plugs? if it trys to start and wont and sputters its the plugs

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The thing is, it ran fine 2 days ago. It just needed a little carb cleaning.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, the fuel is a bit old so I'm going to drain it and throw some fresh gas in. I pulled a plug, it was a little wet but not fouled. Hopefully it's just the fuel.....

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, it still wont start. All I'm getting are little bumps here and there and some backfiring through the carbs and pipe.

It ran just fine 2 days ago???

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I took a plug out again, connected it to the coil pack and grounded the plug via. test lead. When I first cranked it over I had one or two bright sparks. From then on, just weak spark.

Any ideas?

New plugs coming tomorrow.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Check battery voltage while its cranking. Had this problem with my old G2 model. When the day was warm cranked and fired. On a cool morning cranked ok but not enough voltage left to fire CDI. New battery solved the problem.
gammac

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
SHE'S BAAAAAAACK! Turned out to be the plugs. Thanks Phil.

·
Registered
236 Posts
No Problem,i Have Flatslides On My Bike And I Know All About Wet Plugs ..good Job

1 - 12 of 12 Posts