Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Furious600 is right i should go with my first instinct, and my first instinct is red.

I haven't done all the research i would have liked to, Anyone know if both the headlights are luminated during riding or one low beam and other high. i was told there is a way to bypass if one is low beam to both functioning at low and a switch to high if needed.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Ewwwww....RED?? Seriously?

Why? Does it match your skirt? Or do you just enjoy being slow? :lol

Just kidding... but I know Dave will have something to say to that....:rotflmao

Enjoy the bike, and keep the shiny side up, and the rubber side down. (which is great if you don't have rubber grips, and the bottom of your bike is really really clean)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Its only one light on while you are driving..dont know why they only do this on the 600's cause im pretty sure the 1000's have both on all the time. Im sure theres a way to by pass it. ANyway good luck wiht your bike you're gonna love it. If this damn snow would melt I may actually get to ride mine. ride sfe

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
...cause im pretty sure the 1000's have both on all the time.

The 10R only has one light on while riding. The other is the Hi-Beam.

Which is really annoying when you pull in somewhere and hear for the 50th time... "Hey, you know you got a headlight out??"

·
Registered
117 Posts
The single low beam is the only bitch I have with the bike....I wonder if any one makes a conversion kit to two low beam, two high beam?

·
Registered
649 Posts
I read about a conversion kit somewhere.... magazine or another forum. I'll see if i can find it again.... but it does exist.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Yeah I heard about it too, if I come across it I will post it up.

·
Registered
191 Posts
well would there be some type of kit that would be able 2 have both of them turned off during daytime riding??

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I'm not positive of regional laws everywhere else... but up here it is illegal to ride a motorcycle without at least one headlight or DRL (daytime running light) on.

Unless your motorcycle originally came with an on/off switch for your headlight... and that hasn't been done for years.

Why would you want that anyway? Turn off the headlight and more cagers would be pulling out in front of you claiming they didn't see you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
You would need some decent mods to the wiring to make them both work all the time. The other thing that has not been mentioned is "normally" the projectors will have different fields of view when they are designated high or low beam. Meaning the high beam prolly aims higher.

Moose

1 - 10 of 10 Posts