Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so how many of you Straight-line posers have your rear tire worn down only in the middle?:crazyloco

"IF YOU'RE NOT DRAGGIN YOUR KNEE, YOU'RE NOT RIDIN!"

·
Registered
37 Posts
Why do they have to be posers? Just because they don't lean the bike as far as some riders doesn't make them any different then someone that does. I been riding 20+ years and I have chicken strips. Does this mean Im not a man now? Us few with chicken strips my have a different riding habit than others, Doesn't make us any less then the the guy who doesn't have them. I have 2 zx-14's. I use them as touring bikes, long scenic rides in the desert. Does this make me a poser because I don't lean the bike till it scrapes? Not all of us use the bike for racing, twisties and status of chicken strips. Some of us actually like to ride on open highway for miles on end. But what do I know, Im just a poser with chicken strips.

·
Registered
55 Posts
i think he was refering to the posers not the touring. I have lots of riding buddies that ride sportbikes and think they are the bomb because the can do 0-100km/h in less than 4 sec. , but as soon as they hit a curb they slam the brakes and take the curbs way too slow. I had a few big talkers on 600cc's sportbikes the other day ... they were saying that i had no chance passing them in the BELVEDERE ( its a road here in quebec about 20 km going up a hill with only twisties ) because my zx-12r is too heavy. I challenged them to go in the BELVEDERE. We started at the bottom of the hill , went 20 km uphill then come back . I finished first and even got the time to take my helmet off and light a smoke ! They were surprised ...

The other story i can tell is when i saw my old racing course teacher race a couple of guys on gixxer 750's when my teacher had a suzuki gs500 and finished first on a 2 lap race (racetrack in ontario ) ... thats a other story of posers/big talkers ...

You are allowed to enjoy riding ... no matter if it's touring , dragging or twisties ... i dont care what type of bike you use to do it ... just dont come and bust our balls saying your better than everyone when you have chicken strips and ride like a little 8 year old girl ! :p

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My most humble apologies Vinny...
You're right, it is all about how you like to ride. It is really hard to ride a sport bike, or a sport touring bike up to it's full potential in the states, unless you're on a track. It's kind of like commuting back and forth to work in LA while driving a Lambo.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i think he was refering to the posers not the touring. I have lots of riding buddies that ride sportbikes and think they are the bomb because the can do 0-100km/h in less than 4 sec. , but as soon as they hit a curb they slam the brakes and take the curbs way too slow. I had a few big talkers on 600cc's sportbikes the other day ... they were saying that i had no chance passing them in the BELVEDERE ( its a road here in quebec about 20 km going up a hill with only twisties ) because my zx-12r is too heavy. I challenged them to go in the BELVEDERE. We started at the bottom of the hill , went 20 km uphill then come back . I finished first and even got the time to take my helmet off and light a smoke ! They were surprised ...

The other story i can tell is when i saw my old racing course teacher race a couple of guys on gixxer 750's when my teacher had a suzuki gs500 and finished first on a 2 lap race (racetrack in ontario ) ... thats a other story of posers/big talkers ...]

I couldn't agree with you more! I've seen 10% riders and 90% posers since I came back to the States. I've seen the majority of them here in Texas, but I have met a few fellow military guys that have a true appreciation for sport bike riding now, because they have been to places like Germany where you can legally ride your bike up to it's full potential. It's just gives you a totally different outlook on riding.

NOTE: VINNY... this comment was not directed at sport touring types.

·
Registered
55 Posts
i was raised in germany ... my dad was at the lahr station from 87-93 ... i was only a kid at the time but enjoyed riding in the mountains as a passenger ... my dad used to import sportbikes from my uncle that had a dealer in montreal ... f2 zx-7r fzr and a few other bikes too at the time ... he went back there to visit the base and the nice roads ... and of course the autobahn :p ... i would like to go there with my 12r ... but my dad told me there are places that you have speed limits now on the autobahns ... kind of sucks . The best way to find real riders is to go on trackdays and ride with guys that have their racing lisence :p ... well anyways thats what i do ... or i just ride solo and floor everyone that i see on the roads hehhehe

·
Registered
55 Posts
most of the guys that i know that ride fast and well started with crappy bikes ... i found that pretty funny. Like i said on a other thread i started riding on a racetrack with a gs500 and couldn't change bikes until i passed someone hehehhe ... i heard stories similar to mine talking to guys that ride well ... with 60 hp , 4 gears , 120 km/h max speed , crappy tires , bike falling apart Beleive me that it brings funny stories to the table :p

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, there are places on the Autobahns that do have speed limits now, but they're only on the streches that pass through major cities. The kool thing is that it only took me 2 hours to get to Amsterdam on the weekends from Kaiserslautern. A trip like that in the States would take about 6 to 7 hours!
I ride solo also. I don't think that I've ever met anyone in the states that has ridden at 180mph for more than a few seconds.

·
Registered
55 Posts
hehehe ... yea your right ! with the speed limits it's a bit hard to get experience riding at +180 . The only place i found safe enough to ride at that speed is in Ottawa on the 417 ( roads are too messed up here ) ... i never see cops on that road and it's wide enough to go fast. But people are scarred to be cut over by cars . If i get cut by a car i go in between the two cars or i go on the far left side of the highway on the other side of the yellow lines :p hehhehe There is a highway being built too in Gatineau ... it's closed so no traffic and brand new pavement . We used to go a couple of bikes there but cops found our spots because of noise complaints. You should see it tho ... flat brand new pavement ... it's amasing ... good thing i put my bonneville box in my bike :p Bike is now in the garage for winter. At this time of year we usually have 4-5 feet of snow , but with the [email protected]#$ed up weather we have now ... it's raining all day long. Cant wait for spring !!! YeA !!!
BTW there is a new racetrack being built in Ontario , Canada ... looks easy for you to travel so you should take a peak WWW.CALABOGIEMOTOSPORTS.COM looks sweet !!!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Vinny ... looks like a very nice bike collection you've got there ! At my age ... here in canada i would pay over 2000$ cnd for licensing those bikes and about 15 000$ in inssurance LOL ... got pics of those bikes ? or are you like me and cant figure out how to put them on the net ? hehhehe

·
Registered
37 Posts
The Busa and fz1 belong to the wife. She seldom rides the zx14. I wish I had pics. Im not really computer literate and the process of figuring out how to post pics let alone put them on the computer is more than I can handle. Im old school trapped in a 28 year old body. I still type with just one finger lol.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Only issue I have with the 14 is that the shifter is to close to the peg. I need to shorten it to increase the distance between the two. I was thinking about cutting it myself but would most likely screw it up. I need to find a company that sells the shifter in different lengths for the 14.

·
Registered
37 Posts
not longer, shorter. If you look on the 14 the shifter comes from the tranny back to the peg, the opposite way than normally, I need it to be shorten to increase the distance

1 - 20 of 49 Posts