Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for Mobil 1 4T Racing 10W-40 @ $8.99/qt. on sale before all the shops like Cycle Gear buy it all up to sell at $12.99 per. Bought 3 qts. today to bring my stash up to 9 qts. (2 oil changes) and a partial for incidental top-up.

Or go buy some car oil and dump in your own additives.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Yeah, right!

Racing oils aren't for street use! They lack detergents and dispersants, cose are supposed to be used for a few our and miles, not months of usage. Beware of sales promotion! That's rule number one and a very basic one.

Or you can get racing oils and make your engine all gummed up, :crackup.

·
VP Whoring
14,910 Posts
I think that might be what I usually use. Thanks for the heads up

·
Quinton Phuckin Tarantino
18,914 Posts
for Mobil 1 4T Racing 10W-40 @ $8.99/qt. on sale before all the shops like Cycle Gear buy it all up to sell at $12.99 per. Bought 3 qts. today to bring my stash up to 9 qts. (2 oil changes) and a partial for incidental top-up.

Its funny you should mention that because I bought my filters on eBay and my oil from orileys last time out. Except I wasn't kind enough to share... or I forgot :headscratch

·
Premium Member
13,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Racing oils aren't for street use! They lack detergents and dispersants, cose are supposed to be used for a few our and miles, not months of usage. Beware of sales promotion! That's rule number one and a very basic one.

Or you can get racing oils and make your engine all gummed up, :crackup.
Stick to your own oil threads and I'll stick to mine.

For those who are smart enough to read, the Mobil 1 4T Racing is the same oil that was formerly called Mobil 1 MX4T. The only thing that changed was the label. It was also sold in Triumph shops for years with the "Triumph" logo printed on the label. In some places people are stupid enough to believe it was for Triumphs only. Please ignore the douchebag who thinks he's the final word on oil and lubrication.

·
Premium Member
13,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its funny you should mention that because I bought my filters on eBay and my oil from orileys last time out. Except I wasn't kind enough to share... or I forgot :headscratch
Don't know if it's a nationwide promotion or just a local thing. But at 3 bucks cheaper a quart than normal retail, it's worth stocking up.

·
27,825 Posts
I bought MObile 1 4T at Autozone and got $2 off per quart a couple of weeks ago. I don't know if the sale is still on or not!

·
Administrator
58,366 Posts

That's a good deal. It's almost a buck more at walmart
although some think mobil 1 at walmart is junk since they have their own oil refinery
insert <sarcasm>

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
WTF, where are the offenses? :lol

·
VP Whoring
14,910 Posts
Someone has been busy cleaning :lol

How long are they on sale?

·
Registered