Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Wow, thats not a bad looking muffler... GTR1965? would you say Dale's is more more pleasing to the eye? Or similiar to this?

Any idea as to when Dale will release a photo of his?

Biggy see any prices listed anywhere from Muzzy?

Jerry

·
Registered
261 Posts
oops...

I found the price Biggy sorry about that

$379.95

reasonable for stainless with life-time packing.

Jerry

·
Registered
85 Posts
Muzzy and Kawasakis go together - I think I found my selection. I've had great luck with them before. Mine is on the way - free 3-day shipping in the US.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Buff,

You better post up when that baby is mounted! We wanna HEAR all about it!!

See you on the road,

Jerry

·
Registered
85 Posts
I'm going to see if I can record the difference and post it.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Very nice bit of kit, they don't seem to offer a service to the UK though sadly.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hi

looks great that muffler! Anyway there will be more and more other exhausts for the GTR1400 as the original one looks

marc

·
Registered
46 Posts
Doesn't look bad. It would look so much better in carbon or matte black on the muffler.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I am on the fence. I would like a quieter can, but think the 2 Bros titanium blends in with the lines of the bike better. Wish I knew how loud they both are...

·
Registered
59 Posts
I dropped off the prototype back to Dale last week. He's having them made as we speak. He will be offering the setup with the following cores and cans:
2" comp core and a street core -- the prototype used a 2" core which I really liked.
Cans will be in a 17" polished stainless or a flat black muffler with polished stainless steel mid pipe with or without Holeshot badge -- I think it will look better without badges. You can check out what the polished can and black cans look like on his website.
The Muzzy setup looks pretty cool, but I think a black can would be more appealing.
I'd buy the Muzzy but I would rather wait for a free Holeshot setup

Wow, thats not a bad looking muffler... GTR1965? would you say Dale's is more more pleasing to the eye? Or similiar to this?

Any idea as to when Dale will release a photo of his?

Biggy see any prices listed anywhere from Muzzy?

Jerry

·
Registered
85 Posts
The Muzzy setup looks pretty cool, but I think a black can would be more appealing.
I'd buy the Muzzy but I would rather wait for a free Holeshot setup
The black should look good. Free definately is cool. Is the production Holeshot like your prototype? How is the noise level?

·
Registered
59 Posts
The DB level was not loud at all IMO. It was perfect for my taste. You could not hear it at freeway speeds, especially over the wind noise. I would imagine the street core baffle would be much more quieter than the 2" version I was playing around with. The production version will be a polished stainless steel mid pipe, my prototype was raw unfinished mild steel.

The black should look good. Free definately is cool. Is the production Holeshot like your prototype? How is the noise level?

·
Registered
451 Posts
I agree with Frans.. on the two brothers pipe and will look forwards to your test report when you get it fitted.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Considering how lean the Euro 3 emmission bikes are running I wonder how slip on's will effect mapping. Come to think of it the C-14 runs a closed loop system with no O2 sensor. I guess dales tech box or PC-3 will correct any lean conditions.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Tom,

I think DJ has a PC3 map ready for the Concours14, the rest of the map i believe is close to the zx-14. I think some of the replacement cans will leave connie a little lean at least up to 8000 rpm

Jerry

1 - 20 of 38 Posts