Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up Guys? My bike has a few wierd (at least i think they are) things that it does. Just woundering if any of your bikes do the same things. First off my bike has about 700 miles on it (filters are on the way for the oil change, better late then never) and Iv had it to about 8,000RPM maybee once are twice merging onto the highway. Sometimes when im just riding around town i can hear a high pithed buzz that fades out after a minute coming out either the ignition are the gas tank (maybee fuel pump). When i put on the brakes HARD and down shift it seems like the damn cumputer gets lost because the gear indicator goes blank. These things only happen once in awhile figured i would share with you guys.

·
Registered
131 Posts
If your gear indicator reads its gears off the speed of the bike the hard breaking and downshifting might confuse it??? Not really sure man but thats my best guess on that.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Yes, Welcome to the forum and congrats with the bike. You will read in all the treads of the ZX6R about the buzzing sound. They all do that. There are varying thoughts as to where that sound come from, and some guys have found the clutch lever to vibrate, but my dealer reckons it is from the second set of butterfly valves in the intake system.:banghead

Don't know why your gear indicator goes blank on braking, mine does not. But I don't think it's serious and wouldn't worry too much about it.:smile

Enjoy your ride man!!!!!:clap

·
Registered
114 Posts
Haven't seen any gear light problems when braking with my bike. Definitely get that looked at. But I did have to fiddle with my brake lever a bit to finally get ride of some buzzing. I also found that proper torque on some of the front fairing screws also helped the problem. Have fun with that bike!

·
Registered
488 Posts
i think the buzzing sound comes from the gas tank lid. while riding and after i pull over for a while me and my buddies heard it and iwas coming from there. preassure release maybe?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Mine only makes that buzzing sound after I turn the bike off. If I open the gas tank it releases the pressure and it stops.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Glad to see im not the only one with the buzzing, and it has happend with the bike off but the key in the ignition. I guess if i have any more problems with the gear indicator im gonna have to take it to the dealer. Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
75 Posts
same here with the gas tank, my dad's 10 does it too...must be an 07 thing

as far as the gear indicator going blank, i have the same problem mine does it like yours when im downshifting hard and i have no idea why... it does it more when im stopped or rolling slow when shifting from neutral to first....i let the clutch out a little bit and keep trying to shift into first and it solves the problem

i dont know if this is operator error or the bikes have a mind of their own...

·
Registered
92 Posts
Ask the dealer if you are taking it in for the oil change, if not, ask when you pick up your oil filter. Don't let it drag on into next year.......let them fix it if there is a problem!!!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
dude hate to tell you bit thats how my bike started.....then the it died on me, the engine shit the bed

now im getting a new engine from Kaw they wanted to just rebuild it...i told them to go fuck them self....I am paying for a new bike and i dont want no rebuilt fucking engine so now im with out a bike

fucking sucks

·
Registered
191 Posts
so ryan when ya new bike coming in??

·
Registered
115 Posts
Mine does it when I shift down hard as well. I have noticed that it is usually from second into first or after down shifting hard and shifting up into 2nd. It may have something to do with the positive neutral finder? If I notice it went blank and I let off of the clutch slow it will fix itself right away or sometimes it is actually in neutral and the light comes on. Try down shifting hard again from 2nd to 1st and this time don't pull the clutch all the way in but only enough to engage it. The reason I think that it is the neutral finder is because when it is in neut .. the gear shows blank and when i let off of the clutch it will light the neautral indicator. Even though it is made to find neutral at a stop when upshifting only, it may be trying for force itself into neutral when we down shift hard which would blank the gear indicator..

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have spoken to kawi USA and they did confirm that their are defective valves/top ends on some of the 2007 ZX-6R.

Kawi is not issuing a tech bulletin nor is their a recall.

The only way for your dealer to find this info is for them to call the dealer only tech line and ask for help with the loud valve train issue.

There are also posts on other forums of 2007 motor blowing and talk of a class action law suite.

At the minimum Kawi should issue the dealers a tech bulletin.

Sorry that's all the info I have as Kawi was very tight lipped.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well its been about 2 months since i posted this thread, My bike now has 2200 miles on it and is running stronger then ever, at least it seems. The buzzing is just pressure from the gas tank, simple opening of the tank and its gone. Gear indicator blank is fixed by just letting out the cluth like many of you other guys have said, and it has only happend once since i have posted last. The wierdest thing is all that ticking crap is kinda gone, just ticks a lil when i first start and it warms up. I really dont think that the engine is going to blow any time soon.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just wonder if the buzzing sound in gas tank is standarad behaviour for Kawa bike? Coz both of my Zx6 07 and Z750s 05 got the same sound ... wonder why?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts