Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Its time to sell my 1994 ZX7 that I have had since 1998. I have narrowed down my replcement choices to the Ninja 1000 and Ducati Monster 1100. They might seem like drastically different choices but really they are not. Riding position, price, power, and handling are similar...major difference is full fairing versus no fairing.
So, which would you choose?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
Id go with the zx10r over the Monster but I wet myself looking at a 10R earlier today so..

·
Premium Member
4,944 Posts
I'd stick with the Kawi, unless you don't mind working on your Ducati all the time.........just my $0.02

·
Premium Member
3,530 Posts
Id go with the zx10r over the Monster but I wet myself looking at a 10R earlier today so..
He said "Ninja 1000" or Monster 1100. The Ninja 1000 is a different animal than the zx-10r.

If it were between the Ninja 1000 and the Ducati, I'd probably go with the Monster.

However, if you can spring for a zx-10r, even one that's a few years old, I'd definitely do that.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Hello,

Its time to sell my 1994 ZX7 that I have had since 1998. I have narrowed down my replcement choices to the Ninja 1000 and Ducati Monster 1100. They might seem like drastically different choices but really they are not. Riding position, price, power, and handling are similar...major difference is full fairing versus no fairing.
So, which would you choose?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
u have any pics of ur bike?

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
Depends if OP wants balls out fast, or just something decently quick but comfortable.

I would buy the ninja personally, ducatis are nice... but they aren't cheap to own.

·
Registered
109 Posts
the Ninja 1000 has won all kinds of awards since it came out last year. I rode one at a demo for a short time and it was the best biking experience I've had. I've even seen some of last year's 1000's for around 9 grand. IMO buying a Ducati is just buying the name. They get outperformed by nearly every Jap bike. Althought the new Diavel is pretty amazing.

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
I have been fapping to the ninja 1000 for a while now. I think I will try to make one my next bike.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts