Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you or do you know someone that has changed the gearing on their bike. I heard by dropping down 1 tooth on the front sprocket will give you more speed and etc. Can someone give me the scoop?

·
Registered
201 Posts
I have changed the gearing on every bike that I have owned. By dropping a tooth in the front you are changed the ratio for more torque, faster acceleration off the line or easier wheelies. If you want to go faster on the top end you should look to increase the number of teeth on the front sprocket or decrease the number of teeth on the rear sprocket.
Here is a simple conversion for sprocket size:
front -1 = +3 in the rear
Hope this helps. :crazyloco

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've got a 07 that I went down one in the front and two up in the rear.... I love it...:crazyloco

·
Registered
12 Posts
cornres that is a pretty big change how much top end speed did you lose?
Don't know for sure. I haven't got my speedo healer hooked up yet. The fastest I had it on stock gearing was 155mph. The other day I saw 172mph. I'm guessing it was close to 150mph. That's more than fast enough for me. The speed limit here in Wisconsin is 65mph on the interstate......

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've got an 07 zx6r and I'm wanting to get the front gear but can't find it... Wud anyone happen to know a website where I can find em for my bike?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Droping a tooth will hurt top end but increase acceleration.:crazyloco If you top end race don't do it ,But if top end loss say 5 to 10mph is not an issue then carry on. roll on wheelies will come easier & sooner & will also now occur in 3rd.(KAWBOY):scared

1 - 10 of 10 Posts