Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering what would be my best bet as far as changing my sprockets! I do a lot of street racing mostly from 60-80 or from stop!

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
in my opinion you def wanna go down in the front at least one, and up in the back 2. i haven't changed the sprockets on this bike, but on my old 7 i went down one if the front and the mid range was a nice notice of difference. now to get out the hole you need up in the rear from the stop.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
in my opinion you def wanna go down in the front at least one, and up in the back 2. i haven't changed the sprockets on this bike, but on my old 7 i went down one if the front and the mid range was a nice notice of difference. now to get out the hole you need up in the rear from the stop.
So down one in the front and up at least one in the back then I should be good out the hole and mid?

·
Premium Member
13,120 Posts
One tooth one way in the front is equivalent (more or less) to 3 teeth in the opposite direction in the back since back sprockets generally have about 3 times as many teeth as fronts.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
In my experience with the-1 +2 combo is this.I ran this for almost 2 years and the midrange and low end are wonderful.Top speed I think is 175 with a 55 series rear tire according to gearingcommander.But I never got past 170 anyway.I lost some lowend going back to the stock rear sprocket.See what happens after dynatune.
Craig

·
Registered
141 Posts
Get a speedoheeler if you want to get a real reading from your speedometer...corrects factorys deficiency as well as sprocket changes....love mine! I went to a 16t front, and asolutley love it!

·
Registered
505 Posts
put a 43 on the back only.great gear,power where you want it,still gets decent gas mileage,and more speed than most people ever use.speedohealer is a must.you can also use your stock chain if you have over 1800 miles on it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts