Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up im new to this forum, I just bought a red 05' 636 its sick as hell, and the dealer was telling me my first oil cahnge should be at 600 miles, but i was reading this page here(below) which i heard is really controversial on the break in process, that i should change the oil at close to 20 miles. I've heard people say 20 also. I mean i rode it yesterday and im at 60 already. Whos right??? plz help Thanx prec8te.

http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

·
Registered
379 Posts
Hey there UNixX, welcome.

I am in South Africa so i dont use miles but the first oil change that i had was at 1000km and that was told to me by three guys who race 600cc class over here and 4 bike shops. Thats what i did and it all looks and feels cool. I think as long as you take it easy in the first 1000 or 2000 km then you should not have a problem as such. Apparently the reason that they say you should change so early is to take all the rough bits from the running in process that are in the oil out of the system. The funny thing is that most of them dont do the oil filter. Strange. Hope this gives some sort of help.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I changed my oil on 300 miles then took it to the dealer for the 600 ml service and put synthetic at 1500 miles and shift alot better then at 4500 ml and my last one is 7500 miles runs alot better now ...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Here is what I did. Oil and filter at 250 miles, oil only at 500, oil and filter at 1000 and every 2000 after.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts