Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Given there's not much available handlebar real estate, what cell phone mounts are available for this bike? I'm looking for a generic mount, as opposed to one specific to an iPhone, android, etc...

·
Registered
203 Posts
Given there's not much available handlebar real estate, what cell phone mounts are available for this bike? I'm looking for a generic mount, as opposed to one specific to an iPhone, android, etc...
I keep my cell phone in my jacket pocket. I have a Scala Rider blue tooth head set. I will only accept incoming calls. Making calls while riding a motorcycle doesn't seem that safe. Even with blue tooth voice command, I think it's too distracting...... just my thoughts.

·
Administrator
58,646 Posts
This was simple and cheap. i assume the new 14 is the same with the hollow yoke tube.
Some threaded rod, aluminum plate drilled and tapped and a lock nut behind the aluminum.
Put a large sst washer and a nylok nut on the bottom.
Couple of strips of velcro and it will hold anything.
I use it for my gps.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I keep my cell phone in my jacket pocket. I have a Scala Rider blue tooth head set. I will only accept incoming calls. Making calls while riding a motorcycle doesn't seem that safe. Even with blue tooth voice command, I think it's too distracting...... just my thoughts.
Who said anything about making calls? Cell phones can act as GPSs too....

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This was simple and cheap. i assume the new 14 is the same with the hollow yoke tube.
Some threaded rod, aluminum plate drilled and tapped and a lock nut behind the aluminum.
Put a large sst washer and a nylok nut on the bottom.
Couple of strips of velcro and it will hold anything.
I use it for my gps.

Nice idea! If I was willing to put Velcro on the back of my cell phone, I'd be all over it.

·
VP Whoring
14,930 Posts
Get a cheap case for your phone. Put the Velcro on there.

·
VP Whoring
14,930 Posts
I think im gonna try this EZ. Did you use some extra strength special chuck Norris Velcro, or does it matter?

·
VP Whoring
14,930 Posts
Do you remember about how long the threaded rod was ?

·
Administrator
58,646 Posts
I think im gonna try this EZ. Did you use some extra strength special chuck Norris Velcro, or does it matter?
I don't think so. It was just the roll of velcro you get at Home Depot

Do you remember about how long the threaded rod was ?
Just put a tape meaure thru the yoke tube. The 6 and the 14 were slightly different in length. I think you could buy the 12" long threaded rod and be good.

·
VP Whoring
14,930 Posts
Thanks man. Gonna give it a try Monday. I'll let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Did you have any problem with the GPS sliding off the Velcro or coming detached? What speed has it held up to? Lol

·
Administrator
58,646 Posts
Nice idea! If I was willing to put Velcro on the back of my cell phone, I'd be all over it.
You can always peel the velcro off. Most of the time it's reuseable.
The ones that actually hold the cell phone are usually a complicated mix of clamps and swivels and expensive.

·
Administrator
58,646 Posts
Did you have any problem with the GPS sliding off the Velcro or coming detached? What speed has it held up to? Lol
Didn't move at all. Nice thing about velcro is it gives a bit of a cushion so you don't get any hard jarring on whatever is attached.
just tried it on sunday.

·
27,825 Posts
Just be sure that peice of all thread doesn't get a chance to fall down into the fender and lock up your steering. Use nylock nuts top and bottom!

·
VP Whoring
14,930 Posts
Yes sir

·
Administrator
58,646 Posts
Just be sure that peice of all thread doesn't get a chance to fall down into the fender and lock up your steering. Use nylock nuts top and bottom!
yes sir
i used red loctite on the rod and aluminum end and then a jam nut underneath. You'll need that secure either way to be able to tighten the nylok on the bottom.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I built one tonight. Materials cost maybe 15 bucks from home depot. And it looks great! Thanks for the diagram EZ!!

And the 12in will work for us sixxers.

·
Premium Member
13,207 Posts
Didn't move at all. Nice thing about velcro is it gives a bit of a cushion so you don't get any hard jarring on whatever is attached.
just tried it on sunday.
OK, I'll bite: How'd you get the speedo needle to 130 with the tach at zero and the trans in neutral?

1 - 20 of 59 Posts