Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

Registered
1993 Zx-7 L Model, 2006 ZX-10R
I hope the turbo one is mildly boosted for street use. Ever see one blow up on the Dyno? There's a video on YouTube of the very thing.

Nice collection! :) (y)

Registered
Amazing!! Welcome to the zx 11 board! Both beautiful bikes!! If you don't want that tank bra on the 91 I'll take it. They both look like show winners. I'd love a stock 11, the previous owner did some disgusting alterations, I have to bring a bear it. Bring them to N.Y. And we'll drink beer and look at them!!

Registered
Nice Rides.
I had 1 new D and 1 used, Great Bikes.
I'd be uprating the Stoppers on that Turbo'd one...馃挴
From what I read the 2000-2001 GSXR1000 6 pot calipers are a bolt-on, the only mod is drilling and tapping the caliper mount bosses for larger bolts. Don't take my word for it, never done it.

Registered
Always wanted a ZX11 back in the day, now I'm the proud owner of two in two months, lol.

The first is a near mint one owner 1991 with 21k on the odometer:

View attachment 20076

Then today I decided to step it up and picked up this one:

View attachment 20077
View attachment 20078
View attachment 20079

Gonna need to pick someone's brain on the mr turbo system.
Since the turbo bike's air inlets are now non-functional I would put some good driving lights in there. Not bling junk but quality lights for dark roads.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
From what I read the 2000-2001 GSXR1000 6 pot calipers are a bolt-on, the only mod is drilling and tapping the caliper mount bosses for larger bolts. Don't take my word for it, never done it.
Easy swap but mixed reviews. Some say they have issues with the 6 pots sticking.

The front brakes on this one are actually pretty good.

Registered
Easy swap but mixed reviews. Some say they have issues with the 6 pots sticking.

The front brakes on this one are actually pretty good.
4 pots actually do the job just fine. Maybe a newer 4 pot might be better. But, is it really worth it?

Registered
I have the six pots and they are much stronger than the originals. But I have to be careful in extreme braking because they can lock the wheel pretty easy, an ABS would be ideal !

Registered
I know people have swapped a newer master cylinder/unit to improve the braking response/feel. SS braided lines help too

Registered
I have SS braided lines also, and the feel is very good, but in a panic stop it's pretty easy to lock the front wheel because the added stopping power of the calipers. That never hapened to me with stock calipers, but I think the six pots have paid themselves saving my ass on at least two occasions.

Registered
I have SS braided lines also, and the feel is very good, but in a panic stop it's pretty easy to lock the front wheel because the added stopping power of the calipers. That never hapened to me with stock calipers, but I think the six pots have paid themselves saving my ass on at least two occasions.
I regularly watch DDFM on YT. I have bit of anxiety after my accident in dec. 2012. Watching his videos has helped me mitigate a lot of cues and situations that I would have normally not paid attention to previously.

Registered
Many on this board have.... its a fairly straight forward procedure.... in hindsight Id buy aftermarket rotors 1st, and NOT Chinese ones....

Registered
1 - 19 of 19 Posts