Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I put straight pipe there instead will I see a gain? Will it set off any trouble codes? How does it sound?

·
Registered
532 Posts
Don't know mate, but that is my next mod on my ZX6R, although I just want to gut it all out and maintain the standard look. See my thread on rear box and valve mod.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Won't throw any codes on a US bike as there are no O2 sensors. It will get louder and apparently there are some small gains to be had.

There is a header set on sale at EBay right now with exactly this modification you are talking about done to them from a racebike that was waiting to get it's aftermarket exhaust.

·
Registered
532 Posts
The problem on the CAT is that it has two pipes going in and one coming out, so you will have to get someone to make-up a two-into-one if you cut it out. It is a single piece from the headers to just after it turns up to the rear pipe.

·
Registered
144 Posts
i'm hoping they come out with header that will bolt up to the 2bros pipe. all they'd have to do is make a system that would work w/ the factory exhaust and then it would work with any slipon. hopefully someone will

1 - 11 of 11 Posts