Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Presidenté of Whoring
21,426 Posts
There are nipples on each of the float chambers. :headscratch
Aaaaaand those are drains.

I found this picture, so I believe I have found the right ports, but I'm just not sure how I can get all 4 synced at the same time.. I guess I could borrow the nipple off of 4, do 1 & 2, switch them over to 3&4, then use 2&3 to do all 4 carbs. If that's the case then I should have just bought the damn manometer with two Guages and saved myself some money

·
Presidenté of Whoring
21,426 Posts
Re-read that thread again. My problem is that there are no vacuum nipples on 2 & 3. I will see if I can locate some at the hardware store tomorrow to keep from having to switch them around two extra times as mentioned. My manometer didn't come with any.

Sync'd up the carbs yesterday and I got that "being pulled by a freight train" feeling back during acceleration. Here's a lil custom plumbing I did to accomodate my setup. I installed vacuum nozzles on carbs 2 & 3 (1 & 4 were connected to the KLEEN plumbing) so all four carbs have them to make my life easier without swapping nuts and nozzles all the time. That said, I needed to block-off said nozzles and rigged up this fine piece of engineering awe: (3/16" hose and T's)

and installed:

took it for a short test ride and this lil piggy cried "WE-WE-WEEEEE" all the way 'round atlanta :rofl

·
Registered
9,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
There are nipples on each of the float chambers. :headscratch
First time?

If the bike is OEM and unmodified, typically you'll find the vacuum nipples as said, beneath each intake port. You can kind of tell that's where my CarbTune Pro 4 lines are connected to.

On modified bikes or perhaps 49-state (no CA emissions equipment) bikes, there will be a blank bolts, which doesn't really matter, because the CarbTune Pro 4 comes with 4 x 6mm plastic nipples that can be used temporarily.

CVK or CVR, same procedure, with the exception that CVR 9Rs can be synchronized with their airbox on. CVK :thumbdown I've don't this procedure enough times on both bikes, that having the brass OEM nipples and all the OEM vacuum plumbing attached greatly simplifies the overall process.

·
Registered
9,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Re-read that thread again. My problem is that there are no vacuum nipples on 2 & 3. I will see if I can locate some at the hardware store tomorrow to keep from having to switch them around two extra times as mentioned. My manometer didn't come with any.
Others have been unsuccessful looking there, but you might get lucky. I'd look in the plumbing and irrigation isles for something in the 6mm ID range; you want the nipple to seal. You may be able to thread in a drip irrigation coupler or even a slow drip unit:

·
Presidenté of Whoring
21,426 Posts
Yea it was my first time. I had already spent more time than I needed to when I went looking for answers. This resulted in a couple of rage posts :angry This morning I just went out there bit the bullet and borrowed the nipples for each pair of carbs I was on. Kept dropping it on the #2 carb.......... This resulted in having to remove the bottom coolant hose to retrieve it. By the time I got to the 3 & 4,I just removed the coolant hose by 3 because I couldn't be bothered with it. Also discovered that since I was only using two of the hoses that came with my needle style manometer, I could use one over the nipple as I was trying to get it screwed in to keep from dropping it as much.

Thanks for this thread e1. It finally led me to my answers. Also saw the same post on Kawiforums I believe. I was about to let you know you'd been plagiarized, then I realized it was you with a different screen name :crackup

·
Registered
9,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
... Also saw the same post on Kawiforums I believe. I was about to let you know you'd been plagiarized, then I realized it was you with a different screen name :crackup
??? I haven't been active over there for years and if there's a thread with my bike's pics, that ain't me.

Hope they plagiarized well enough to come to the same conclusions. :headscratch

BTW, place a shop rag under your carbs to catch things you drop. :rolleyes

·
Presidenté of Whoring
21,426 Posts
No pics or anything, just this exact OP word for word, and the location was the same so I figured it was you. Yes the dates were only a few days difference

·
Registered
9,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Post Carbtune Pro 4 carb sync cold start - 2002 ZX-9R F1

Sorry, no big sound, revving or any of that.

This is an example of a cold start on my F1 and how mine idles after having its throttle bodies synchronized. Engine takes a solid couple of minutes to break the 104° F mark.

And a similar video from 2011, except the E1 is already warm.

For a fun science experiment, if you have a 2.1 or 5.1 sound system (with a subwoofer), invite your family pet in while you play each video. I'm curious to how they will react.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts