Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys...im thinking about hitting up the track in the spring. anybody have any sugestions on how to make my 2006 zx6r a little more race ready? im going with my buddies which have a 2006 zx10 and a 2006 gsxr1000, so i may have to drop a nut. any suggestions are welcome:crazyloco

·
Registered
44 Posts
cf rear hugger and deffinatly lower it for a tighter grip in turns also cf front fender and a solo seat cowl would make it stand out and perform.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Don't put CF parts on it for the track!
You're gonna want to kill yourself if you drop/crash it!
CF parts are for show only and cost way too much $$$ to risk like that...

Get some race plastics to swap with your stock plastics...
Tune the suspension...
Get a damper...
Exhaust, Filter, ECU/PC3...

You'll keep up with them in the turns, but at the straight aways they'll rip you apart no matter how hard you try.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Ive got cf parts and I always take them off for the track. Its just to expencive. Instead go whith stearing dampner and rear sets

·
Registered
151 Posts
absolutely, stay away from the cf for the track you WILL regret it. dampener, rear set, maybe a diff tire set up. or dep on how exp you are; a race cage and make sure you have all your gear set up. if you haven't checked yet make sure you don't have to have your bike wire tied in either. some of the tracks where i live at for track day require you to have your bike fully preped all wire tied in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts