Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anybody please give me some helpful pointers for a first time carb syncer? i can get carbs 1,3,4 syncd the same but i cant get 2 to do any thing, is there a link to step by step directions any help would be great thanks

·
Registered
5,380 Posts
you sync 1 to 2, then you sync 3 to 4, then you sync 1/2 to 3/4

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
right so far ive found a screw between carbs 1/2 and 3/4 then there is the adjustment by the throtlle cables am i missing anything?

·
Registered
5,380 Posts
can't remember off the top of my head. There however are plenty of guides on this forum on how to do it specifically for the 7. search button will help you.

·
Registered
166 Posts
right so far ive found a screw between carbs 1/2 and 3/4 then there is the adjustment by the throtlle cables am i missing anything?
As previously stated, sync 1 with 2, then 3 with 4, and then 1/2 with 3/4.

The screw between 1 & 2 sync them, the one between 3 & 4 sync them, and the one on the bottom (by the throttle cables) syncs 1/2 with 3/4.

Most recommend setting your idle slightly higher than normal and syncing there , then taking a quick ride to re-seat the butterflys and re-setting the idle between 1100-1500 RPMs.

Also, adjust in small increments and lightly blip the throttle after each adjustment to re-set the butterflys.

Another helpful hint is to place a fan in front of the bike to keep the temps down while you sync. The whole process takes 5-10 minutes.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
got her syncd perfect thanks for all the help guys!!!! man it idles so much better carbs were waaayyy off!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts