Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bike starts first time on choke , runs ok , start to ride choke off slightly , bike splutters and dies after short distance ? trys to fire up again on full choke , runs like its lost the will to live ? .. looked on other peoples problems on this subject ,same thing ,check fuel , pump, filter , battery ???? nothing to say excatly whats going on ? ... it has had new petrol pump , relay , fuse box , plugs , vaccum pipes , air filter battery , checked fuel tap , tank cap floats ,everthing as it should be ? .... oh now the good bit , after pushing it home for second time :banghead it fires up runs pefect goes like a dream until ..... next time i use it same thing , fire up , run , die , splutter , die , long walk home .. only major carb overhaul left ??
anyone got any help or knowledge of this kwaka fault ???:rant

·
Registered
50 Posts
Sounds like dirty carbs, jet clogged. Mine did the same thing. With the choke on, you are bypassing the carbs and dumping gas straight in. With choke off, carbs come in to play. Clean the carbs really good. Hope that is the problem...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
checked & cleaned carbs , was dirt in all of the fuel bowls , started up fine with choke and run ok with choke off when warmed up , not taken for good run yet so hope this has cured it ??
thank you for your help ............

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well took it for a good run today ok untill i hit a bit of traffic , low revs , coughed & died ?? .. started again bit of choke ,ran few km , same thing ,got it home on full choke slipping the clutch , race cans howling !
well dont fancy stripping carbs again , dirt coming from somewhere ? , filter was clean ? rust in the tank ? .. carbs off again !!!!!!!
got to be something i have overlooked ????????

·
Registered
236 Posts
Try Swiching Out The Plugs,sounds Like You Run The Choke To Much??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts