Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have this odd problem with my zx9-r carbs, -97. I couldn't find any answers. It's happened couple of times that slides/needles go so high that they fell out their place and stuck open. Once with cyl 1 and 4 and second time with 2 and 3. See photo attached.
What couses this?

-Henri
IMG_20200718_194032.jpg

·
Registered
259 Posts
This should not be happening, it could be aftermarket main jet needles that are fitted and there on the short side.
The slides themselves should clear the carb aputure unless there restricted carbs via the carb tops.
You may want to remove the carbs and check what's happening, remember caution when refitting the carb tops as you don't want any air leaks which can easily happen.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, i thought that too. Actually I did open some parts too see inside carbs. I noticed that it's somehow possible to needles jump out from jet pipe. Slides themselves seems to operate normally. I'd think when this has happened is with highest revs and long acceleration.
This bike is new to me and so on I don't now it's full history. Maybe I change new stock needles for first aid.

·
Registered
27 Posts
There is a plastic piece and spring that go on top of the needle to hold the needle in place. Had a few come into the dealership recently where the owner cleaned the carbs n it wouldnt run right. They put the needle thru the plastic instead of under it. If u push the slide all the up as far as it goes the needle may come close to the top of the jet but it should never come fully out..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts