Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to do the above? I just traded my 1985K100RS for a 1994 ZX6E. I could use a hand. I live in USA pennsylvania Fortwashington area outside of Phila. I have services to offer in return. Welder/martial arts/Bodybuilder/power lifter.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I just bought a 91 and it could use the same. I see your in the same area so if you could let me know if you find someone willing to do a inexpensive carb job.

·
Registered
381 Posts
If you can come up with 4 vacuum gauges to hook onto the 4 carbs you need to adjust them so all 4 show the same HG" reading at Idle

·
Registered
683 Posts
I've found that the mercury gauges are better than the ones with dials. However don't rev the bike while they're hooked up.
T

·
Registered
990 Posts
Carb sync & cleaning are both reasonable DIY jobs.

Gauges at links:
These ship international
http://www.carbtune.com/carbpric.html

For this kit do a search to see if you can get it in the USA
http://www.calamander.co.uk/twinmax/twinmaxmk2.htm

The cost of the kit will repay itself after a couple of uses compared to dealer charge rates.

With cleaning the carbs you only need to clean them if you think there is a problem with crud blocking jets. The problem on older bikes is if you want to take the carbs off is that the rubbers go hard with age & will make removal very awkward. Drain the float bowls to see what comes out, it will give an indication of what you are up against.

Before you actually do the sync make sute the valve clearances have been done otherwise they will put the carbs out if they need subsequent adjustment.

If you have not got one I would advise getting a workshop manual (Clymer or Haynes or PDF download) The most useful addition to your toolbox.

If you need further info just ask. The sync kit comes with full instructions on how to use.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts