Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there a way to visually reset the carb screws? i know i turned one too far i just dont remember which way i turned it cause its been months since i rode.. or can i set them to a neutral position or something

·
Registered
9,979 Posts
You should be able to turn the pilot air screws by using an eyeglass sized blade screwdriver. Pictured.

If you don't care about getting it right, leave the carbs mounted. Some people tape objects to the handle to determine turn rotations. The only way to get it right, is to remove the carbs and visually observer the screw's exact O'clock position.

The pilot air screw's primary purpose is to raise idle speed on the pilot fuel circuit (idle). If turning the screws out no longer raises idle, doing so simply dumps more fuel in and fuel efficiency will go down and the likelihood of spark plug fouling goes up. Too far in and the engine may stall or experience descending RPM. Most everyone else, including many mechanics, redefine the pilot air screws as mixture screws and uses them to dump additional fuel in at all throttle settings. However, there isn't a neutral turn setting on the pilot system.

·
Quinton Phuckin Tarantino
18,914 Posts
Try this , turn the screws in till they seat ( not too hard or you will destroy something) now turn them back out about 2 turns. Now turn the bike on and slowly turn the screws in untill the rpm drops about 50 rpm. Now back them out (again) 1/2 turn , the idle should return to normal . If this doesn't work check back in and I'll see what i can do.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts