Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up guys i need your help with some jet info. 1998 zx7r stock carbs with what i assume a jet kit. i need to lean my bike up since i did the kleen removal/ float bowl mod. my emulsion tubes say factory 100k with factory 178on the inner carbs and factory 168 on the outter carbs. now for the help, what jet kit and what main jets do i swap these out with? second topic my buke runs ok just seams lazy since i did the mods what jets should i use to lean it up abit??? thanks for the help!!!!

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
Easy fix? Lower the float height, and adjust the pilots. Proper fix, go to 160 on the outers, and 170's on the inners, and leave the float height alone.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do i have to get "factory jets" or can i go to the motorcycle shop and get common kiehin jets??? and are they the same numbers??

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
Yes kiehin jets are kiehin jets as far as I know. I've got FP jets and DJ needles so it's an odd mix. If you wanted to go super lean LOL I've got the 122's and down to 112's here that would fit. Take the emulsion tube out of one carb, and go to a bike shop and make sure the jet screws into the the tube without hanging.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the help but i just want to lean her out a lil bit so off to buy some jets tomaro!!! thanks again!!

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
No problem. Start with the 160/170's first then adjust from there. Remember float height will drastically change the mix.

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
Two ways. Either get a MM ruler and measure the float height from the base of the carb body where the gasket seals the float bowls. The tilt the carbs to where the floats "float" without compressing the float needle preload spring in the needle. Then measure the distance from the carb body to the highest point on the float. I usually find a nut of the measurement I want and set it on the carb bodies and use it. If I want a 14mm height, I use a 14mm nut. I'll take pics tomorrow when I get my carbs back together of a basic measurement using the "nut method".

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
To set your float height you want to set the highest point of the float to the carburetor body. That distance should be roughly 14mm. Here's a pic.

I have cleaned all that orange RTV off the carbs before I put it back together.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i put the 160-170s in today and holy crap what a diference in power!!! much more power thanks.

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
Figured youd like that. Good job.

·
Registered
15 Posts
not trying to hack the thread but, do different company use a different rate on numbers i have 138,132,138,132 injectors with a weird symbol looks like the alpinestar symbol and the other set of carbs have say 160 factory or 170 factory.

·
Premium Member
6,535 Posts
not trying to hack the thread but, do different company use a different rate on numbers i have 138,132,138,132 injectors with a weird symbol looks like the alpinestar symbol and the other set of carbs have say 160 factory or 170 factory.
Yes. Factory Pro is similar in size to the stock jets. Dynojet numbers do not correspond to Stock or Factory Pro numbers.

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
If they say Factory then they are most likely Factory Pro jets. The Alpinestars looking ones are stock Kiehin jets.
Those two companies are the same in flow, as they measure in hole diameter. Dynojet measures in cfm (flow rates) so they will be different.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts