Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a 99 zx9 . Runs great till about 130. Then she stops pulling maxing out at 145.
My buddy said mabey the carbs..so after pulling apart and cleaning them completly I find that the 2 lines that run off the front and tie in to 1 are filling up with gas...not sure how or why...any body got any ideas..

·
Registered
9,979 Posts
That's the float bowl equalization tube. It's suppose to have air in it only, since it is driving air pressure from the front of the bike equal to what the airbox is putting into the carb bodies.

If your saying it's full of gas, then somehow the airbox is getting more air pressure than that snorkel tube. By definition that should be impossible, since the snorkel should be inside the airbox's forward intake snouts (see below).

You can see the two circular snorkel inlets at the center of the intake mouth on my 9R. I would think yours would be similar.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hi,the 2 tubes go to 1 Y connection is a screen filter ,remove and clean clamps are finger tight.The Y is located below and in back of headlights.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok so I tried the cleaning of the filter just behind the headlights...still same crap...gas fills the two tubes...for some reason there are 2 holes cut out on top of my air box..do you think that might be causing the problem?

·
Premium Member
3,324 Posts
Ok so I tried the cleaning of the filter just behind the headlights...still same crap...gas fills the two tubes...for some reason there are 2 holes cut out on top of my air box..do you think that might be causing the problem?
Not sure if will cause that specifically, but the airbox should be sealed all the way around.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts